Monday 26 October 2020

Monday, 26-10-20

 Good morning!


Well, yesterday certainly went topsy turvy.  After Saturday evening's splash out, I just wasn't hungry for most of the day so didn't eat until the evening.  I decided to use the whole day's planning on Tuesday, got some steak out of the freezer to roast and sear and cooked some veg.  It was so simple and really nice.

Also nice is that there's some steak and some veg left over for lunch today

Today's plans:
Again, it's not simple.  It's Beth's birthday and she's coming round for a meal this evening.  So I'm going to keep it really small and simple through the day, try to keep the calories under control overall and not worry about syns, healthy extras and so on today.

B:  yogurt and a selection of fruit

L:  steak with veg 
Last night's leftovers should see me through.

D:  vegetarian lasagne, actifry chips and salad; a mini cupcake
All of this is what Beth wanted.  She likes my home made beany tomato mix which I use for the base and I've actually made a potful, some of which is going in the freezer for her Christmas dinner (probably beany crumble, another Beth favourite).  She loves actifry chips so that was a special request too.
As well as that, there will be 'salt and vinegary nibbles' (her words) and alcohol.
I will do my best but I'm going to enjoy her birthday.  Tomorrow will be totally back on track with the weekend meal plans I didn't use.

2 comments:

  1. The meat looks so good and just as I like it, I would need gravy and mustard though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added mustard - some Dijon mustard. I'm not a great gravy fan.
      xx

      Delete