Wednesday 14 October 2020

Wednesday, 14-10-20

 Good morning!
Soft food for three days, says Mr Dentist!  That should be manageable.  

Yesterday's photos:

Breakfast was something I will have more of - smoked haddock with a spray fried egg, tomatoes and mushrooms.  It was so satisfying.
The sausage and mushroom lasagne was also exceedingly nice.  I prepped two sheets of lasagne but only used one so the other was chopped and added to the soup - no wasting stuff if I can help it.  Ditto for the middle of the yellow carrot once I'd got the shredded bits off the outside.
I'd already started in on this soup before remembering the photo so it looks a bit messy.  I was so glad I had made it because I didn't feel up to much more than re-heating and, because it had simmered away for hours, it was all lovely and soft and flavoursome.
I'm also glad there's more left for today and, 
probably, tomorrow as well.
I used freezer rubble so that was really good too.


Today's plans:

B:  overnight oats which I might possibly warm up a bit.  
Just what it says, made yesterday and easy to eat!
SW:  one healthy extra B and a splash of milk - call it one syn because it really isn't much

L:  bean and veg soup; kiwi and easy peeler
Left over from yesterday and really tasty.
SW:  free with lots of speed veg and a bit of protein from the ham offcuts

D:  mince, protein rice, broccoli; yogurt or kvarg
I had planned chilli and wedges but the first would be a spice too far (ouch) and the second might be too 'crunchy' so I will just use some 'enhanced' savoury mince (the basic cooked mince is from the freezer - yay) and some protein rice or noodles.  broccoli will be good as a side.
SW:  one syn for the mince, one for the rice and one healthy extra A for grated cheese.

Body Magic:  I'm taking it easy today as I'm still feeling rather ragged around the edges, slept badly and I have penicillin to take which sometimes upsets my tum.

Summary:  one extra A, one B and three syns.  Not exactly an SP day but close


4 comments:

  1. Oh Joy. That sounds so tasty that I want that smoked haddock right now. I need to look at your blog just before tea then I won't feel the need to snack immediately after reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < chuckle > That sounds a plan to me. :-)
      It did end up a very tasty day, for sure.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I love the term freezer rubble, made me giggle. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < chuckle > It's the only way to describe it really!
      xx

      Delete