Wednesday 21 October 2020

Wednesday, 21-10-20

 Good morning!
Today is going to be a weird old day for meal timings.  Breakfast is OK but I have a dental appointment at lunch time (two o'clock) and an online meeting at dinner time so the restricted eating isn't going to work.  I'll just have to work around it all!

Yesterday's meal photos:

Yesterday morning turned out to be a bit complicated as I did an early shop which took longer than I expected so there wasn't time to put a toastie together.  I decided to have one of my all time favourites - simple marmite on toast with a cheese triangle instead of butter and I topped it off with two easy peelers.
I hadn't had jacket potato in an age so this went down a treat.  The coronation tuna was some drained tuna, two level tbsps super light mayo, a scant tsp korma paste, a level tbsp mango chutney, chopped and a bit of seasoning, plus a bit of chopped yellow pepper and cucumber mixed in.
The cheeseburger pasta bake was lovely.  I used a portion of savoury mince from the freezer, added more tomato puree and mixed in the cooked pasta.  I layered it mince and pasta, sliced gherkin and sliced tomato, cheese, mince and pasta, , tomato, cheese.
I reheated it in the microwave which worked really well.

A shame I lost the plot later but line drawn (again).

Today's plans:
B:  chocolate weetabix fruit layer
A bit made up, this one - it's basically like overnight oats but using two chocolate weetabixes (or should that be weetabices?) instead of oats.  I've just put it together and it should be nice and soft by eleven - it looks nice.
And I may think I have made it up but it won't be original!
SW:  half a healthy extra A for some milk, one healthy extra B for the weetabix

L:  smoked salmon salad; fruit
Ooops - definitely not frugal, although smoked salmon isn't as expensive as it used to be.  I've found two recipes I could adapt for a dressing on the salmon - lemon and black pepper and an Asian dressing with lime, chilli, sesame oil and soy sauce - and I think I will go for the latter as it has fewer syns and sounds really nice.
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/smoked-salmon-asian-dressing
SW:  two syns for the oil in the dressing

D:  chilli, protein noodles, maybe veg on the side;  yogurt or kvarg
Dinner has to be easy as the meeting is from six to goodness knows when and I have to be able to heat it up quickly afterwards.  I have portions of chilli in the freezer so will defrost one and I can add the noodles before popping it all in the microwave for a few minutes.
SW:  half a syn for the chilli, one syn for the noodles, a healthy extra A for 30g grated cheese on top and half a syn for dessert.

Body Magic:  Back to personal training after three weeks off.  It will hurt!

Summary:  one and a half healthy extra As, one B and four syns

(Later edit:  While writing the other blog, I realised why I lost the plot later on yesterday - I did some Governors' online training in the evening and it was all about being ready for the dreaded OF**ED.  Wish I'd thought of that at the time, it might have helped.  Oh, well!)

5 comments:

  1. There is not a thing there that I wouldn't eat. It all sounds very very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Thank you. I'm looking forward to it all.
      xx

      Delete
  2. sounds like a yummy day! I hate it when life stuff gets in the way of better intentions... at least you know why it happened yesterday! Maybe if you have to do something like that again it would help to plan some low density but easy to grab snacks for a lower impact?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it did help to realise. Flippin' OFSTED!
      I have a governors' meeting this evening but I think I'm prepared.
      xx

      Delete