Saturday 24 October 2020

Saturday, 24-10-20

 Good morning!

Yesterday's photos.

Instead of poaching the haddock in milk for breakfast, I gently fried it in some butter flavoured spray oil and added a dash of lemon juice and it was really nice.  it came out firmer and definitely the way to go if I wanted to use it for a kedgeree sort of thing.

Quite a lunch, this was.  There's no way I was going to want anything else before dinner time.


(don't the 'heritage' carrots look pretty inside?)





Dinner was just fab.  If you have the current magazine, it's on p 25 and I adapted it by adding red pepper and mushroom and using garlic and onion granules and sumac as well as seasonings and balsamic vinegar (but not the stated oregano and basil).


Today's plans:
B:  yogurt and fruit platter
SW:  half a syn if I have a flavoured yogurt

L:  spicy mince with protein noodles and veg; fruit
I have some protein noodles to use up so I will get out a little pot of savoury mince to have with them.  I want to save my cheese for the evening so I'll sprinkle over some 'nooch' for a cheesy flavour.
SW:  one syn for the noodles and one for a tbsp nutritional yeast flakes

D:  home made pizza, salad; kvarg or yogurt
I'm going to make the SR flour and yogurt type base so it may be a bit scone-like but none the worse for that.
I'll use some of the tomatoes that have ripened on the window ledge to make the sauce and the topping will be a bit of ham (or bacon), onion, pepper, mushroom and maybe pineapple (don't shoot me - I LIKE pineapple on pizza) with some grated cheddar.
This is the sort of thing I have in mind.
SW:  one and a half healthy extra Bs (I can have an extra healthy extra as a target member (albeit a bit up right now) and two As; half a syn for dessert

Body Magic:  I rather fancy a walk along the country lane today, weather permitting, but for most of the day Beth is helping me put up some shelves so it will be quite energetic, what with sorting out all the things to go on them, etc.  I'll get my body magic in, for sure.

Summary:  two healthy extra As and one and a half Bs, three syns
(not having evening snacks really does help to keep the syns under control)






2 comments:

  1. Lovely colourful food pictures, Joy. You are an excellent advert for introducing lots of variety into the diet. I do have the magazine and as soon as I go downstairs I shall be checking out page 25 !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does - er - frustrate me a bit when people talk about healthy eating being boring or brown or expensive. It can be but it doesn't have to be.
      Thank you for your lovely words.
      xx

      Delete