Sunday 1 November 2020

Sunday, 01-11-20

 Good morning!

A satisfying breakfast.  I decided not to bother with a sausage; the rest turned out to be plenty.

I ummed and ahed about moving the sausage to dinner but decided I had enough planned there too.

I had a morning snack - a container of sushi.  You know, I have never had sushi before and this was nice.  One syn.  Definitely something to have again.

Lunch was soup made from leftover passata and some rather the worse for wear sweet potato.  I probably added a bit too much cajun spice to it but it was warming, filling and tasty and there's a portion to freeze for another time.

This looks a right plateful but, in fact most of it is veg.  I roasted some sweet potato and carrot with the potato and there was also sprouts, cauli and broccoli.  Lovely!

The bread and not-butter pudding was surprisingly delicious.  I adapted a bit.  I used one large egg and one egg yolk for the custard, added a squirt of caramel skinny syrup and used natural yogurt.  Lovely to have a dessert that wasn't yogurt or kvarg!

Here's the link again.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRyG1alUZB4
Today's plans:

B:  apple pie porridge
Yesterday I made some 'apple pie' spice mix.  It consists of cinnamon, allspice, ginger and nutmeg - doesn't that sound good!
I will  make this with oats, obviously, some grated apple, some of the spice mix, some sweetener and some milk/water. Also, possibly some toffeeish flavoured skinny syrup
SW:  half a healthy extra A (120 mls semi skimmed) and one healthy extra B for 40g oats.  I don't syn cooked fruit or skinny syrup.

L:  a sort of coronation chicken, salad; fruit
I have some cooked chicken so I will mix that up with some mayo, some yogurt, some curry paste and some chopped apple.
SW:  one syn for mayo and I think that will be it.

D:  minted lamb shank; a selection of veg, roasties; kvarg or yogurt
The lamb is one of those Aldi frozen ones for two and a half syns and I did extra veggies yesterday
SW:   two and a half syns for the lamb and accompanying gravy, half a syn for dessert

Body Magic:  A walk, weather permitting

Summary:  one healthy extra A (the other half is for milk), one B, three and a half syns

Finally, our SW meetings have to stop again, of course.  I'm hoping Zoom meetings will restart but who knows!

2 comments:

  1. I've just been watching the apple pie porridge video and will be trying it myself. It looks perfect for a warming winter breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good vlog, isn't it. I am a big fan. :-)
      xx

      Delete