Sunday 15 November 2020

Sunday, 15-11-20

 Morning, fellow slimmers!  :-)
(and everyone else)

Breakfast of fruity pancakes was, as always, totally delicious!
Bacon, sausage and beans for lunch.  I didn't have an egg in the end, it wasn't necessary.


I did end up using quite a lot of syns in this cauliflower macaroni cheese but it was worth every single one (I used light butter and carefully measured the flour so I didn't go over).
Look at all those speedy veg - sprouts, cabbage and cauliflower.



Today's meal plans:

B:  fruity porridge
Porridge is so simple and it's a great way to break ones fast.
SW:  half a healthy extra A for milk and one healthy extra B for the oats.  The rest is free/speed

L:  roast chicken dinner; fruit
Dinner rather than lunch; Beth is over so I'm doing two mains because I really fancy a roast.  I will cook (reheat!) her a Higgidy Pie of some kind - she loves them.  Roast chicken for me (the leftovers will feed me through the week) and we will both have roasted root veg and a selection of otherveg.  
SW:  If I boil up some cranberries and add sweetener, that will be free and I am fine without gravy.  I may use spray oil for the roasted veg but if I don't, that's two syns for one tsp

D: (tea really)  A sort of coronation chicken sandwich with some salad; yogurt or kvarg
I know I've had one healthy extra B already but that's OK.  I might make it a filled pitta or a wrap instead of slices of bread.
SW:  one healthy extra B, two syns for some light butter, up to two syns for some mayo, one syn for some mango chutney

Body Magic:  An online something or other, I haven't decided yet.

Summary:  one healthy extra A (for the porridge and milk in my tea), two Bs and five to seven syns


The nice thing about roasting a chicken is that there's plenty of leftovers and a good stock for the coming week.  Happy chickens are not exactly frugal but I will get the most out of mine, that's for sure.


6 comments:

  1. Morning Joy, just catching up with you. Well done on your weigh in loss this week. As my consultant would say, you got this. Nasty dark and rainy today, I've rediscovered my sewing machine and have to start making Christmas cards so fingers must be kept clean x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A great way to stop nibbling, isn't it? What cards are you making?
      And thank you.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the weight loss, as always your meals look amazing. I cooked some chicken legs and it surprising the amount of meat that comes off them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I agree that chicken legs can be a very thrifty choice.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Every time you post pictures of fruity pancakes I positively drool. They are so delicious and filling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're absolutely my favourite breakfast at the moment. I really love them.
      xx

      Delete