Tuesday 3 November 2020

Tuesday, 03-11-20

 Good morning!

I've been finding it  extremely hard to get back on track again after my holiday.  It's as if all the good habits so carefully and, sometimes, painfully developed have vanished in a puff of smoke.
The bottom line is alcohol.  Don't get me wrong, I rarely have too much.  However, just one glass of wine, all my resolution flies out of the window and I virtually dive into the fridge and freezer.  :-).

I've decided this.  From now until Christmas Eve, apart from one occasion, I am totally off alcohol. The one occasions is Christmas Tree Day, a family tradition when it would be wrong (or, at least, not right) to abstain.

I'm declaring it here for accountability's sake.

Porridge for breakfast yesterday.  I used 40g oats, 120g semi skimmed milk plus water, half a tsp of the apple pie spice mix I made the other day, one squirt of caramel skinny syrup, half a tsp sweetener and half an eating apple, grated.
It was filling, warming and comforting.

I skipped lunch as I simply wasn't hungry.  
Dave and Anna came round for dinner and the spaghetti meatballs I made were lovely, though I say it myself.  There's enough left over for today too - I'm happy with that.
(I'll take a photo this evening)



B:  sausage and beans
I bought some proper sausages the other day, just because.  Four syns each.  A sausage with some baked beans sounds just the ticket for breakfast on a chilly and damp morning
SW  four syns

L:  after discovering that bread and no-butter pudding, I rather fancy trying it but with a cherry flavour.  I have cherry yogurt, cherry skinny syrup and frozen cherries so fingers crossed
SW:  one healthy extra B for the bread, half a syn for the Mullerlight cherry yogurt.  I don't syn cooked fruit or skinny syrups.

D:  meatballs and spaghetti in a spicy tomato sauce, broccoli; kvarg or yogurt
This is leftovers from yesterday, the hardest bit will be boiling the broccoli!
SW:  one and a half healthy extra As for some grated cheese, one syn for the meatballs and half a syn for dessert

Body Magic:  an online 'class'

Summary:  two healthy extra As (the other half is for milk), one B and six syns

4 comments:

  1. Yesterday I had a dreadful start to my 'back on track'. Tony brought me a large slice of chocolate cake. Then we had two choccie biscuits and two packets of crisps. I am hanging my head in shame but we are both back on track now.:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the only way to do it really. Just keep on trying!
      xx

      Delete
  2. I love fruit with my porridge - apple or banana are favourites. I like to add sultanas too but mostly avoid them for SW reasons! I take overnight GrapeNuts to work (with Greek yogurt and fruit) which I love, but usually opt for porridge on non-work days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such an adaptable meal, isn't it? So many things you can do with oats.
      xx

      Delete