Thursday 12 November 2020

Thursday, 12-11-20

 Good morning.
It's the Zoom SW meeting early this evening so I will be weighing this morning which is when Jen wants the info.  Fingers crossed.  I feel lighter but that can be deceptive.

Yesterday's photos

Plain old sausage and beans - except that the sausages were rosemary and red onion and they were very herby and rather tasty.   I reckon they will make a nice sort of stuffing to have with chicken, maybe rolled on a chicken fillet and baked.  Might try that on Sunday.


I haven't had a toastie for a while.  I enjoyed this one with cheese, chicken, mushroom and onion chutney.



Salmon with chips and peas - very satisfying!







Today's plans:

B:  bacon and mushroom omelette
This time I will remember that the bacon probably has enough salt.
SW:  half a syn for half a tbsp of nutritional yeast flakes

L:  broccoli and 'stilton' soup; fruit
From the freezer (a few gaps are now appearing) and I will add about three laughing cow light blue triangles for the stilton-y flavour.
SW:  half a healthy extra A for the triangles and some milk

D:  Sizzle steaks in pitta, burger sauce, loadsa veg; yogurt or kvarg
I was rootling in the freezer and found these sizzle steaks so I'm using two and will make them into a filled pitta with some burger sauce and, probably, tomatoes.
I've got rather a lot of fresh veg which is a good problem to have but it means they need using, so I intend having a feast of veg on the side.  A bit odd, perhaps, but I'm not fussed.  Any leftovers can go towards some bubble and squeak!
The burger sauce is one tbsp each of sweet mustard ketchup, superlight mayo and tomato puree.  I love it!
SW:  one healthy extra B for the pitta, three syns for the mustard ketchup and half a syn for dessert.

Body Magic:  step and balance exercises

Summary:  one healthy extra A, one B, four syns

4 comments:

  1. Good luck tonight Joy, though it will be more about your hard work than luck. Anyway, I made pigs in blankets with the Rosemary sausages and bacon a couple of Christmases ago, they were very nice and like a combination of pigs in blanket and stuffing balls. I liked them, the family missed the traditional sausage flavour. It's very nice seeing SW members on Zoom without their masks. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taking your last bit first, yes, it really is nice. We didn't appreciate that last time, of course.
      Thanks for the sausage tips. I'd do the trad for Christmas but when I have roast chicken, that's an easy (and SW free) alternative. Can't complain, can we?
      xx

      Delete
  2. I am tempted to stuff a chicken breast with sausage and roll it in stuffing mix like a breadcrumb coating. I reckon it would be lovely either hot or cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I agree, it really would be nice. Thanks for the idea. Mmmm.
      xx

      Delete