Thursday 19 November 2020

Thursday, 19-11-20

Good morning.
Another day on plan yesterday which I was really pleased about as it was what I call a hungry day - that is not proper hungry but more emotionally hungry.
I had more easy peelers than I can remember but, given that there's non-SW friendly food in the house (gifts and my Christmas stash), I am rather pleased with myself in a fairly smug sort of way!

Yesterday's meals (not everything, just what I photograph - I rarely take photos of fruit and yogurts but I have them each day as planned).

I enjoyed this simple breakfast.  Two boiled eggs and two slices of toast with half fat butter (two syns) and marmite (free).

To the last of the chicken and veg soup, I added some fairly new out ryvita, protein, linseed and nigella seed.  Four slices is one healthy extra B so I ended up having one A and two B choices yesterday.

Hunter's chicken for dinner.  
I know my plates look rather loaded at the moment but I'm trying hard to up my veg intake  The only things on that plate that were not speedy were the chicken (free/protein), some bacon (ditto), thee sauce (mostly speed with a few syns) and the cheese (one healthy extra A).  
The sauce was chopped tomatoes, onion, yellow pepper and mushroom, plus some sweet chilli sauce, some bbq sauce, some tomato and garlic purees, some soy sauce and some Henderson's sauce.  There's some left over for today so I counted it as one syn.
Today's plans:

B:  bacon, egg, fried bread and mushrooms
The fried bread will be made by spraying oil over one side of the bread and crisping up just that side - it's how Mum used to make fried bread when we were little and money was very scarce.  It works!  I might use my square pan for the egg so it fits nicely on the bread.  :-)
SW:  half a healthy extra B for the bread

L:  Sushi, salad; fruit
I bought a smoked salmon sushi snack in Aldo the other day.  You don't get much, do you, but it's one syn and it quite tasty.  I've only recently had sushi and this is only the second time so I feel quite adventurous!
SW:  one syn for the sushi

Afternoon snack:  three babybel lights and marmite on toast
I rarely have much in the way of a formal snack, preferring to grab an easy peeler, if reaqlly necessary.  However, meal timings are out today for various reasons and there's a long gap between lunch and dinner so . . . snack!
SW:  half a healthy extra B for the bread and one syn for a tsp light butter, one healthy extra A for the babybels

D:  steak, chips and salad; kvarg or yogurt
Not a frugal effort this evening, but never mind.  I will use up the rest of the sauce I made for the chicken yesterday to go with the steak.
SW:  two syns for oil (for the chips), one for some mayo, one for the sauce and half for the dessert

Body Magic:  an hour of personal training

Summary:  one healthy extra A and one B, six and a half syns

And it's weighday with Zoom SW in the evening.  I will weigh just before personal training as Jen needs the results before midday.  Fingers crossed.




2 comments:

  1. Toast, marmite and sliced hard boiled eggs is one of my favourite lunches. No butter because (fortunately) I don't like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very fortunate. I love the stuff but have very little of it nowadays. It's nice for an occasional treat.
      xx

      Delete