Wednesday 4 November 2020

Wednesday, 04-11-20

 Good morning! 
As expected, Slimming World has gone back online again.  The Wednesday meetings round here will still happen face to face but tomorrow and thereon will be on Zoom.  Part of me is secretly delighted - not for the reason, of course, but because I was able to participate much more on Zoom and there won't be any masks muffling clarity, lowering volume and preventing lip reading.
Given that the holiday weight is hanging around longer than it should  (my fault), I have bought a six week countdown (six weeks for the price of five) which should be long enough.

So, tomorrow, I will weigh myself under conditions as similar to SW as I can.  Dressed, shoes on, as near to the meeting time as I can manage.  

Breakfast yesterday was a proper sausage and some baked beans and I did enjoy it.  The Aldi skinny sausages are OK but not a patch on proper ones.  It was well worth the four syns I paid for it!

Lunch was gorgeous.  I wanted a sweet hit and I got one.  I used cherry mullerlight, cherry skinny syrup, a bit of sweetener, a bit of the apple pie spice mix and nutmeg grated over the top.

Now I am wondering if I could use the same idea but make it savoury.

Dinner was leftovers from Monday plus some sprouts and it went down a treat.





Today's meal plans.

B:  bacon, egg, mushroom and tomatoes
SW:  free

L:  cheesy jacket potato and beans; fruit
The beans are leftovers from yesterday and need to be eaten
SW:  one and a half healthy extra As for grated cheese, one syn for two tbsp superlight mayo (I love mayo on a jacket potato)

D:  steak pie, vegetables;  yogurt or kvarg
For the pie I will use a can of M&D steak which is free and I will make a sort of pastry with 40g wholemeal flour, some yogurt and maybe some nutritional yeast for flavour.  It will be a pot pie so just with a top.  No bottoms, soggy or otherwise.   It's a bit of an experiment but it should work OK, I think.
SW:  one healthy extra B and one syn for the nooch.  Half a syn for the dessert.

Body Magic:  It's personal training today.  

Summary:  two healthy extra As, one B and two and a half syns

4 comments:

  1. What is nutritional yeast? And nooch? The pie sounds nice. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nooch is short for nutritional yeast, yeast flakes that serve as a vegan flavour enhancer. It has a sort of cheesy quality. I have some to use up.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I love that star dish used as a plate. I have two of them and think I might surprise Tony by serving all his meals right through the Christmas period in ours. I'm smiling at the thought of the look on his face... he truly is Mr Christmas. You may have inspired a new tradition Joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's great. I love a bit of Christmas traditions.
      xx

      Delete