Monday 2 November 2020

Monday, 02-11-20

 Good morning!

No breakfast photo, sorry.  No dinner one either - couldn't remember where I'd left the camera!

Just look at that bowl!  Found in Home Bargains yesterday and I might possibly go back and get a few more.  It was really nice to look at and made quite a small lunch look much more substantial.  Mind over matter.
I made the coronation chicken by cubing the chicken and mixing in two to three tbsp super light mayo, some sliced onion, a splash of lemon juice, some mango chutney and a little tikka paste (avoiding the oil that settles at the top.
Very tasty.
(a few flaked almonds would have been nice but I didn't have any)



Today's plans:

B:  porridge; fruit
It's chilly and windy outside so a nice bowl of warming porridge will be just the ticket.
SW:  half a healthy extra A, one B

L:  spicy beans; fruit
I know it sounds very simple but my mind is a blank right now and I did enjoy the beans with some sweet chilli sauce mixed in the other day.  It might change if inspiration hits.
SW:  one syn for the sauce

D:  meatballs in a spicy tomato and veg sauce, spaghetti, grated cheese and a salad; fruit, yogurt or kvarg
I have Dave and Anna over for dinner.  We don't do posh so I know they will like this.  The meatballs are from the freezer, made several weeks ago.
SW:  one healthy extra A for some cheese, one syn for six meatballs, half a syn if I have yogurt or kvarg

Summary:  two healthy extra As (the last half is for some milk), one B and two and a half syns

3 comments:

  1. I like your new header photos Joy. All your photos always look good, maybe a new direction if you fancied it as a food stylist x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks. I would really love to go on a course about food photography. My efforts are always slightly not-quite-right.
      xx

      Delete