Monday 9 November 2020

Monday, 09-11-20

 Good morning.

The fruit chunks in this bowl of porridge weren't as huge as they look - the bowl was small.   A very nice, warming and filling breakfast.


No photo of lunch as Beth was here but she chose salad rather than baked beans so that's what we had.  Cheesy jacket potato with salad.  The same 'value' in SW terms but considerably fewer calories.
OK, so for dinner I went with a kind of satay sauce.
It was one tbsp peanut butter (five and a half syns - ouch) and two tbsp Crucials Caribbean sweet chilli sauce, mixed together.

I sliced part of a pork loin into mini rounds.  I spray fried some onion and mushroom, added the pork and when that was all cooked through I added the sauce and stirred it in well.  It was so good.  The couscous was flavoured with some chicken stock powder and I fancied plenty of green veg. 

Today's plans:

B:  bacon and egg muffin with mushrooms on the side
SW:  one healthy extra B for the wholemeal muffin and one syn for a level tbsp brown sauce

L:  chicken and beans; fruit
I treated myself to some cooked chicken from M&S so that needs using and I have baked beans left over from Saturday so ditto.
SW:  half a syn for some sweet chilli sauce in the beans

D:  chicken and hash brown burger, salad; yogurt or kvarg
I found this recipe on Lifeline Online and thought it looks rather good.  I'll let you know.
SW:  one healthy extra B and half a syn

Body Magic:  not sure yet.

Summary:  two healthy extra Bs (no As today) and two syns

2 comments:

  1. I love. Fruit in my porridge....preferably apple, banana or blueberries. I like sultanas too but you don't get many for a B choice.
    I like grape nuts with yogurt and raspberries too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had dried fruit very much since starting SW. As you say, you don't get much, either for a B choice or for syns. Better to go fresh when you can. However, I will probably enjoy some around Christmas. :-)
      xx

      Delete