Tuesday 8 September 2020

Tuesday, 08-09-20

Good morning!

The big SW news is that the new SW bar code scanner thingy is now in use.  You just scan the bar code for your food and up comes the SW values as per the database - jolly handy when it comes to looking up ready meals, packets, etc, before you buy them . . .

. . . always assuming you can get a signal and they actually have the food values available.  Not great for SlimWell meals (Aldi) which SW refuse to value!!

Nonetheless, a very, very useful thing to have and I can see I will be using it a fair bit when I go shopping.  Calories are easy nowadays, SW info has just become a whole lot easier too.

It's rather nice to get back to normal again.  Here's yesterday's food photos.

A quick breakfast and ooops re. the broken egg.  I bought the square pan to make fried eggs for a sandwich - it's just the right size/shape, isn't it?





The lunch toastie was very filling, followed as it was by two allotment apples.

Grandson, Alex, took me and Beth out to the Hare for dinner and it was lovely.  Naughty but nice, as the advert used to say about cream cakes!
To give you all the gory details, I had fish and chips (I wanted nachos but they didn't have them) and then vanilla and brownie cheesecake with ice cream and finally a coffee, all washed down with two diet cokes

Really back to normal now and I will be a very, very lucky girl if the scales don't show a temporary gain at weigh in this week.  I don't care, it was very good of Alex to treat us both.

Today's food plans:

B:  bacon and egg on toast (or maybe spray fried bread)
Just as it says
SW:  half a healthy extra B for one slice bread, half a syn for some brown sauce
around 260 calories

L:  cheesy beans on toast, apples
- using the other slice of bread
SW:  the other half healthy extra B; one healthy extra A, half a syn for some bbq sauce in the beans
around 450 calories

D:  cashew and cranberry nut roast, home made tomato sauce, carrots and runner beans; kvarg or yogurt
I bought the nut roast in Fairhaven, a super wholefood shop near Dad's.  The SW database seems to give syns for the whole lot rather than per portion (and it is horrendous) so I am going by the calories. 
The pack gives its weight before it's made up but the calories are per 100g after it's made up so I made it up yesterday and, very conveniently, it makes three portions, each of around 110g.  The other two portions will either be planned in this week or will go in the freezer for another couple of meals in the future.
I will make the sauce by using some home grown tomato passata and adding bits and bobs to jazz it up a bit.
SW:  13 syns (as I don't know what is free food in the recipe and the database is no help whatsoever) for the nut roast and I'm sure the rest will be free/speed foods, half  syn for the dessert
266 calories for the nut roast plus let's say 150 for the sauce and the vegetables, perhaps an over-estimation but better over than under and 90 for the dessert.  A total of 516 calories

Body Magic:  Work at the allotment and aquacise

Summary:
one healthy extra A and one healthy extra B
fourteen and a half syns (that's the nut roast)
1226 calories.  I am so glad I check calories as well as SW values

2 comments:

  1. I've never eaten nut roast and it's on my list to make. I'm sure a home made one would be rather nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would too. The bits I've nibbled off today's tastes really good. You can use pulses/lentils as well. I must look up some recipes.
      xx

      Delete