Friday 25 September 2020

Friday, 25-09-20 - Eat From The Freezer day five

 Good morning.
One pound on at weigh in and not in the least surprising.  However, I've gone from half a pound below target to half a pound above, which is nothing really, so I'm happy.

Yesterday's photos.

I totally forgot about breakfast as I was busy doing this, that and the other and didn't realise until nearly twelve.  By that time and with a friend arriving soon, I decided to wait until lunch.  The friend stayed for lunch so no photo, but . . .

. . . I would like to recommend this if you happen to be in Morrisons.  It is really very nice indeed and is just one syn for the whole bottle.  Jackie and I both liked it very much.

This was dinner.  It looks a bit dull but it wasn't, it was tasty.  Not fancy in any way but the flavours were good.


Today's plans:

B:  fruity pancakes or waffles
It's pretty much the same batter so I don't have to decide until just before making them.  I think I'll use some of the bag of mixed 'breakfast fruit' from the freezer and I might add a few frozen raspberries as well.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the fruit and one syn for a splash of milk if the mixture is too thick

L:  fish finger salad wrap with extra salad on the side; fruit
I so enjoyed this several days ago!  The wrap will have mayo spread over it, with shredded lettuce and  the cooked fish fingers before rolling it all up.
SW:  six syns for the fish fingers, one healthy extra B for the wrap (or maybe a pitta), two syns for mayo in the wrap and on the salad 

Afternoon snack:  three babybel lights
If I have a snack, that is.
SW:  one healthy extra A

D:  steak with burger sauce, actifried SW-friendly chips and, probably, a salad; kvarg or yogurt
The sauce is one tbsp each of tomato puree, mayo and mustard ketchup.  It's delicious
SW:  two and a half syns for the sauce, two for one tsp oil for the actifry and half a syn for the dessert

Body Magic:  another rest day - I'm feeling very tired today.  I might go for a walk later on

Summary:
one healthy extra A and two Bs
fourteen syns


7 comments:

  1. I don't mind weight gain when you know why. It's those weeks you do everything right for a good loss and you gain. The meal looks tasty and I have had that elderflower presse its lovely and light, like faux prosecco!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is rather, yes. I might stock up with a few bottles - a nice one to have for a treat and we will ignore the fact that it would be lovely with gin!!
      xx

      Delete
  2. I'm not keen on elderflower things, too 'flowery' for my taste. Haven't had fish fingers for ages, I do love them. Is it me, or do they seem smaller nowadays? I'm sure they were bigger when we were kids...or perhaps it's just that we were smaller! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are smaller than when my children were young enough to have them, I think. Like Wagon Wheels!
      xx

      Delete
  3. I used my on he hob steamer. The potatoes boiled in the water in the bottom pot and the rest steamed. I really do like steamed veg - they seem to taste better and the texture is good as well.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I steam all my veg and agree that it's nicer. Tesco do a similar elderflower drink. I didn't think it was a flavour I liked but a friend gave me some and it was so nice. Haha, it's true....wagon wheels and fish fingers have shrunk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tastes do change and it looks like yours did! :-)
      A lot of things aren't as big as they used to be - wasn't there a real fuss about toblerone at some point?
      xx

      Delete