Friday 10 June 2022

Friday, 10-06-22

Good morning, everyone.

Do you ever take a stroll around the Internet, looking for likely looking recipes?  I did the other day after planning in some chicken kofta kebabs that I had bought from Sainsbury's.  Looking at them, they looked so very simple in design and I thought they must be pretty straightforward.  One link led to another and now I have two likely looking recipes to try out.

I also looked up a recipe for something rather 'naughty' after seeing them made on the Fat2Health blog (do you follow that?) which had the link to the original in the description box.  However, the calories stated didn't look right so I put it all through Nutracheck and instead of the whole lot being just under 300 calories, it was nearer 450 calories.  
Mind you, some of it is 'free' food or healthy extra so I re-evaluated it to SW rules.  I did wonder if SW would perhaps call it a 'tweak'.  Maybe not though - they do that sort of recipe themselves.  Using free foods, etc, it came to under one syn each.  I'm going to 'protect my weight loss', as they say, and call it one and a half!
It just emphasises how you must check these things out for yourself, doesn't it?

I made the recipe and cut it into sixteen and they came to one and a half syns each.  Not big in size but a big choccy hit and I will make them again, for sure, and take photos next time.
(I had two and the other fourteen are in the freezer, individually wrapped.)

This next week's focus areas are:
syns in meals, not as snacks (ongoing for a few weeks to come)
getting back to swimming regularly
high speed/protein, low syns (under 10)

Weigh day today.  I don't expect miracles but, hopefully, some the the last three weeks will have done me good.

Yesterday's meals:

Breakfast wrap and some fruit - the strawberries are from the garden and are lovely!

I got stuck into some gardening and totally lost any sense of time so I missed lunch and when I realised I really didn't fancy soup so I just had some fruit instead.

I'll pop the soup in the fridge and have it tomorrow.

And this was dinner - cottage pie with veg and a jelly, fruit and yogurt dessert.  Lovely.
And that was that!




Focus areas:
Sticking to basics:   Yes
Plenty of speed:  Not too bad
Syns in meals:  yes

Today's plans:

B:  bacon and beans; watermelon and strawberries
I have quite a lot of backed beans left over from yesterday so I will spice them up with BBQ sauce and add some bacon.  Nice.
I'd have toast with it but I'm using my bread for lunch.
SW:  one syn for two tbsps BBQ sauce and the rest is free/protein

L:  SW-happy 'croque monsieur', side salad; apple
It's not really a croque monsieur - that has sauce and butter and and lashing of naughty stuff and no - just no.  Maybe I should rename it but 'eggy bread cheese and ham (or bacon) toastie' doesn't wing it for me.  Any ideas?
I'm going to give my idea a go and, if it works, I'll post it as a separate recipe and if not, I will bury it in Blogger oblivion!
SW:  up to two healthy extra As, one healthy extra B

D:  chicken tikka skewers, chips, salad; brownie (maybe two - naughty), fruit and yogurt
This recipe is from the June edition of BBC Easy Cook, p 24.  I won't have the chapati with it, chips are a most acceptable substitute.
The recipe is available here, on the BBC Good Food site
SW:  I think this is protein, free and speed although I will do the chips in half a tsp oil for one syn.  The yogurt will also be one syn and each brownie one and a half.

Exercise:  I didn't have a swim yesterday, I worked in the garden.  Great exercise and very satisfying.  So it's a swim today instead.  

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
five and a half syns

From the freezer:
bacon
bread
chicken


2 comments:

  1. It all sounds lovely, you always have such balanced meals. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laurie - I do like my food ! :-) xx

      Delete