Sunday 5 June 2022

Sunday, 05-06-22

Good morning, everyone.
Now I'm home I need to think about weekly focus areas again.
This week is easy - back to basics and fairly 'strict'; (SW is never all that strict, I find, so it's a case of personal interpretation really).  So, plenty of protein, plenty of fresh fruit and veg (mostly, but not entirely, speed) and healthy extras as and when they fit with the overall picture.  Finally, using syns in meals, not as snacks.

And I will make the most of the not-Pimms!

I can't remember if I said in my shopping haul but I looked up the syns of the two 5% yogurts I bought and the Yeo Valley super thick creamy 5% is two syns per 100g and the Fage 5% is one and a half syns for the same amount.  Not too bad and easily accommodated
I just checked calories and there's a two calorie difference between the two so swings and roundabouts really!

Yesterday's meals:

I have to say, I really enjoyed this much more than the one on Friday - nicer bacon, fresher vegetables, better cooked egg (OK, a bit set, but even so . . .)  If I could have had one of their sausages with it, perfecto!!


A little later, I had an apple that was getting a bit old - and then realised I could have used it in the coleslaw.  Oh, well, I got some mango out of the freezer instead and it was lovely - I'll definitely do that again.


Lunch looks ginormous but there's loads of salad there.
The coleslaw made enough for two so that was half a syn rather than one (per portion).

I had half of that fruit platter as an afters and the rest I saved for later on.
I also had a satsuma.  Must curb this picky tendency!
There's nothing terribly exciting about this but it tasted nice





The trifle (sort of trifle) worked quite well.  It's not a proper trifle as there's no sponge or cream.
This is what I did.
I made up a sugar free jelly (one and a half syns the lot).  I cut up four strawberries and divided them between two glass dishes.  Then I shared out the jelly, a quarter for each dish and the other half of the jelly, sadly, got consumed while I was watching Sewing Bee.  Ooops.  Still, less than one syn..
I had a sachet of sugar free custard powder and I made up half of it (six syns).  I was hoping it would set so I could share it between the two dishes and then top with yogurt but it remained a bit runny so I measured 75g of the pot of Fage 5% Greek yogurt (one syn - well, a little less but I'm not fussing) and whisked that into the custard with a bit of sweetener and some vanilla essence before sharing it between the two dishes.
Finally, just before serving, I decorated the top with some raspberries and blueberries (very Jubilee!) and a tsp of the crunch sprinkle things I got earlier (one syn)
So . . . the whole thing came to five and a half syns.  Fine by me!

Eileen - the crunchy topping was really nice.


Focus areas:
Sticking to basics:  tick
Plenty of speed:  tick
Syns in meals, not as snacks:  nearly!

Today's plans

B:  sweet eggy bread with fruit and yogurt
Basically, a whisked up egg with sweetener/flavouring, soak a slice of bread in the egg, then spray fry it until golden and cooked.  Serve with some berries and some Greek yogurt
SW:  I will use 0% Greek yogurt so it is all protein speed and free with half a healthy extra B for one slice of wholemeal.

L:  roast beef, roasted veg, green veg; fresh fruit salad
I'm not roasting a joint, I bought some slices of cooked beef yesterday - it's ideal for solo living if you fancy a roast but don't want to have loads of leftovers.  I have ham to use up through the week; beef as well would be too much.
The roast veg will be squash, sweet potato, carrots and onions.
If I have gravy, I will use some home made from the freezer which is speed and free
SW:  if all goes to plan, it should be protein, free and speed, with half a syn for a tsp horseradish sauce.  If I add a dollop of Greek yogurt to the fruit salad, it will be 2 syns for 100g

D:  ham, egg and chips (and some salad, probably, on the side); trifle (the other half)
I really fancy this and have some delicious home cooked ham to use.  Not too many chips, just a few.
SW:  half a syn for one tsp Dijon mustard and half a syn for some super light mayo in the coleslaw plus four and a half syns for the trifle (no crunchy topping this time).

Exercise:  Perhaps a swim, perhaps some of the exercise clips on the SW site

Summary:
no healthy extra As
half a healthy extra B
eight syns

From the freezer:
bread
squash
sweet potato
gravy

No comments:

Post a Comment