Saturday 18 June 2022

Saturday, 18-06-22

 Good morning, everyone.

Half a pound off yesterday.  A bit disappointing but off is off so no complaints.  I wonder if this week was my one in four, it might be actually.  I've lost count a bit what with being away for a few weeks.
Although I cannot claim to be particularly hormonal nowadays, not at my age, there's definitely a pattern to my weight loss - three weeks are fine and one week is disappointing.

Anyway, whatever the scales say, it's carry on and do my best!

Today is a bit tricky because I'm leaving very early to go to Dad's for the day.  Brother John will be there and we hope to finish the house clearing.  I'm taking my own meals with me but I'll have dinner when I get home, something quick and easy.

Some of you may remember that about three or four weeks ago I raved about this new low calorie gin from Adnams which was the Read Deal as far as flavour is concerned but almost alcohol free because of the increased botanicals which meant that 2.5 mls was enough for a full flavoured drink without the headache..
I couldn't find the calories anywhere on the site so I contacted Adnams and asked.  I got a reply yesterday and this is what it said.
"Smidgin contains just ethanol, water and the flavours from the botanicals. No sugar, sweeteners or reportable allergens.
A regular serve of 2.5ml contains 7kcal (not including your chosen mixer)."
So that's half a syn for one or two, one syn for three (a syn being pretty much 20 calories)  That's good.  I'm finding a Smidgin with lemonade or another sugar free fizzy over lots of ice is most refreshing in this weather.
It's hardly going to break the bank if I have more though, is it?
Yesterday's meals:

I do like a breakfast muffin.  :-)


Apologies for the odd lighting.  I had the blinds closed against the heat.
Just s simple, small salad with grated cheese and some salad cream.  Perfect for a hot day after a swim.


I also spent a syn on Smidgin later on in the afternoon.
I'm glad I took this photo because everything cooked at different times.  It was the first time I used this and it was so easy, I'll definitely be using it again soon.
It's even easy to clean - all the inner bits go in the dishwasher.

I ended up with an apple.




Today's plans:

B:  probably fruit
Easy to pack and take
SW:  speed and free

L:   cheese roll, salad; fruit
I can make this before I set off.  I'll be taking a cool bag anyway so the salad will be OK
SW:  two healthy extra As for cheese (cheddar and triangles to act as spread), one syn for some chutney and one healthy extra B for the roll.

D:  roast vegetable paella; fruit and yogurt
This is a ready meal that I got from the local PYO.  I have no idea what the syns are but the thing is 400 calories so it really can't do that much damage, even if the whole thing is synnable (which it won't be).
SW:  I've looked and sort of similar meals seem to be around four to five syns so I'm calling it five syns.  half a syn for the yogurt

Exercise:   nothing specific but I bet I'll get lots what with moving, lifting, carrying, etc.

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
six and a half syns

From the freezer:
bread roll
veg paella

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the loss. The scales are still heading in the right direction even if it's not as much as you were hoping for. It could be to do with your cycle. We've had lots of discussions about this in the nutrition class and it seems that we continue to follow our 4 week cycle with all the hormonal changes but as we age we no longer produce enough of the hormones to ovulate etc.but the cycle still continues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very interesting, thanks. It's definitely a thing as far as my weight loss rate is concerned. It was Jen who spotted it first and she was right. xx

      Delete
  2. I say well done on the loss... it's an off not an on so something to smile about. I definitely still have a few 'fat days' a month and I am well past my use by date :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it did! Cheers. As you say, it's a loss so no complaints. xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Joy, I love the BBQ, I haven’t had one since before last year when I became widowed. Could you please provide some info on the piece of kit above as it looks fab and would encourage me to use the garden into the evening. Many thanks, Julie C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Julie. It's called a Cobb and I got it from Lakeland. It's not cheap but I'm really glad I bought it as it's so, so easy to use and to clean afterwards. The amazing thing is that the outside stays absolutely cool so it can go on any surface. I can see I'll be using it quite a bit over the warmer months.
      My condolences for your loss last year.
      xx

      Delete