Wednesday 1 June 2022

Wednesday

Good morning, everyone.  I'm really enjoying this week and working to break the link between 'enjoyable holiday' and pigging out on things I don't really enjoy all that much.

My apologies for the half eaten appearance of my breakfast.  I nearly forgot to take a photo.
It was no hardship to say 'no. thanks' to toast with watermelon like that to enjoy.  I also had some natural yogurt which was clearly NOT 0% but not to worry, it was nice.
I took a diet cola into the dining room and managed to say 'No, thanks' to offers of wine, prosecco, starters and puddings.  The salady selection was delicious although I did treat myself to some mini poppadums which I love.  They hadn't been cooked in oil, you could tell.
Then I grabbed some fruit to take with me for when I get peckish after swimming.  

I was happy with my choice and didn't feel the least bit hard done by.  
Success!

(By the way, the plates are quite small)



No photos of dinner but let's just say it really wasn't SW friendly.  However - and this is a biggie for me - everything I had was because I actively knew I would enjoy it, not because it was there.  There's a big difference and I'm happy with that.
So, at the moment, my Plan is helping with breakfast and lunch and that's OK.

The other SW lady in the group - I'll call her D - is a Target Member so doesn't HAVE to be weighed for another seven weeks, lol.  You retain SW membership (for free) as long as you weigh once every eight weeks.  That is nice for her.

Today I'm dithering between having the same as yesterday or going the eggy route for breakfast - you can ask them to make boiled or poached eggs instead of the fried eggs and the toast can be wholemeal.  Also, there's probably something fishy available, smoked haddock, maybe.  I'll have to see what everything looks like when I get there.
Lunch will probably be the salad again although, again, I'll see what the alternatives are.  Definitely just one course though, especially with an active afternoon.

Exercise:
It's another active day after yesterday's morning class, a walk, a swim and another ad hoc class.
I'm a bit stiff this morning but in a good way so basic Ballet, Line Dancing and Dancercise, here I come!  There won't be any time for a swim today but I'd like another walk if the weather remains as nice as it is right now.






It's such a beautiful start to the day today!

6 comments:

  1. It really seems like you’ve had a shift in your mindset - I wrote my post today before reading yours and it’s uncanny how I’ve said a similar thing to you! Looks like a gorgeous place x it’s not anon, it’s me, Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on it. Yes, there's been a shift in that I am thinking 'Do I REALLY want this?' and sometimes the answer is yes and often it is no, not really. x

      Delete
  2. The meals look so good! I'm so glad that you're enjoying them. I honestly didn't realize one only had to weigh in every 8 weeks as a target member - I must read my book! I still have 2 paid weeks so will go and weigh in for those. On Monday I had lost another one and a half so am going to have to watch I don't go below that 3lb mark - a stressful week when I really couldn't be a****d to prepare a meal and eat, so am making more effort this week. Daughter lost half and is 3lb away from her 2st. Have a lovely day! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow - yes, you will have to be careful or, if you want, discuss dropping it a bit with your consultant.
      Good for daughter - she really is doing so well.
      How's hubby now?
      xx

      Delete
    2. Lovely of you to ask about him. Had such a bad day yesterday and being a retired nurse I knew he had a chest infection so managed to get an appointment (emergency appt. with the on-call GP who just happened to be the chap who sent hubby for his initial investigations and who was an ex-colleague of mine when I was working in the Hospice.). The chest infection I suspected was confirmed - straight onto antibiotics and is a different man this morning! A bit annoyed as he had a follow-up at the hospital on Monday and we mentioned a cough and they didn't listen to his chest! I had to ask for his wounds to be looked at! I love the NHS but sometimes.....xx

      Delete
    3. I'm sorry about that and very, very glad it seems to be sorting out. What you said at the end is not good though, not good at all. xx

      Delete