Saturday 4 June 2022

Slimming World food haul - Sainsbury's

 Morning.

I thought this wasn't going to be all that big a shop but, unfortunately, it just 'growed'.  I suppose it didn't help that I fell for some clothes, shoes and magazines too but that's a different story in a different place.   :-)

Veg.
There's nothing unusual here.  I managed to get a small bag of Jersey Royals (yum) and I got tenderstem broccoli because I have a little bit of the other broccoli left.  The caulis didn't look great so I got a couple of mini ones - not too different in price and by the time I'd cut off all the nasty bits, I recon the minis are pretty much the same value.
The brown onions are wonky ones - I reckon the are wonky because they're small but, when you're cooking for one, small is best!




Salad veg.  
The mini peppers was a bit of an impulse buy; they looked so lovely.
Apart from that, it's the usual stuff.


Meat
I got frozen salmon because it was cheaper and also each piece is in a bake in bag.  Also the bits are smaller and that's what I wanted.
The kofta things are garlic and herb chicken and are one syn each.
The ham is now in the pot and the parma ham (under the beef) has a long sell by date so that's good.  I so enjoyed the griddled nectarine, cheese and parma ham salad I made a few weeks ago so it won't be wasted, even though it was not on the shopping list.


Fruit
This is always a fair chunk of my shopping.  Yes, that's two melons you can see.  They keep a reasonable time and it was so nice having slices of melon for breakfast last week.
Eggs and dairy
The only unusual bit is the 5% Greek yogurt that I mentioned a few days ago (or was it yesterday?)  Anyway, the rest is what I often get.

The fage yogurt is one and a half syns per 100g (that pot is 150g) and the Yeo is two syns per 100g. Both are manageable and I'll see what I think of them.



Other
The coffee was on special and I love a real coffee first thing, especially at weekends.  Such a treat.
The other, the naughty, is because I'm looking to vary my desserts a bit and these are one syn for a level tsp which sounds fine.  I'll use them to jazz up yogurt, a trifle - that sort of thing.



So that's this week's shop.  I have stuff in the cupboard and in the freezer, of course, and I'm rather hoping what I got today will see me through the week and beyond.  Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

  1. I am very tempted to try the chocolatey caramel crunch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it. I'll let you know, when I've had some, what it is like. xx

      Delete