Saturday 4 June 2022

Saturday, 04-06-22

 Good morning.  Yes, I'm proper back on track straight away, starting with yesterday's lunch.  And so we move forward again and I will discover the damage next Friday when it is my next weigh in.  Hopefully, after a week back on, it won't be too bad, maybe just a few pounds.  Fingers crossed.

I'm having problems deciding what to have today - there's so much to choose from.  I'm so very lucky.

Yesterday's meals:

Breakfast was all things naughty as I described yesterday.  No need to dwell on it but it was GOOD!.




Lunch - a couple of poached eggs with one slice of wholemeal and some tomatoes.  Afters was an apple and an orange.

I had a couple of ryvitas left so I nibbled them mid afternoon - more or less the other half of the B choice and one syn.

Understandably, I wasn't feeling all that hungry at dinner.  I had some chicken which I wrapped in bacon before reheating.  It was a bit dry but OK - edible.  I made some pommes parmentier rather than  chips - exactly the same, just cut differently.  Then, instead of yogurt, I enjoyed some fruit that needed eating up
Today's meal plans:

B:  bacon, egg, tomatoes and mushroom
The cooked breakfast on holiday was really nice so I'm having another, using the second slice of bacon from the two I defrosted last night (I freeze bacon in twos, slices, medallions, whatever)
SW:  protein and free and one syn if I have some bbq sauce

L:  ham salad, coleslaw; fruit platter
I'm going to Sainsbury's this morning and will get one of their Be Good To Yourself hams which I think are just about the nicest around and so beautifully lean.  I cook them by boiling and then leaving them in the water to cool (Mum's tip from decades ago) which makes them so tender.
SW:  one syn for mayo in the coleslaw and one tsp dijon mustard (which is plenty) is half a syn

D:  salmon, new potatoes, veg; fruit and yogurt
Fingers crossed I can get some Jersey royals this morning - I'm not sure if they are still available.  If not, it will have to be ordinary ones which are still nice.  
I'll probably have some not-Pimms through the evening as well.
SW:  the salmon, potatoes and veg are all free, protein or speed.  The yogurt depends on which kind I get but tends to be around four syns for 100g, around a fifth of the pot.

Exercise:  I was wondering about a swim but the pool might be very busy - perhaps I will pop down and see.

Summary:
no healthy extras today
six and a half syns


From the freezer:


No comments:

Post a Comment