Monday 13 June 2022

Monday, 13-06-22

Good morning, everyone.
Things seem to be swinging along nicely at the moment.  I think the nice weather is helping a lot; we feel more positive and cheerful when the sun is shining warmly.
I think I can feel a few barbecues in the offing if it keeps up.  

Yesterday's meals:

I decided it wasn't sensible to go swimming with eating something after the overnight fast so I used half an apple to make the apple and onion sauce and then ate the other half.  It must have worked because I swam 1K and could have done more.

Then I came home and had this  - 100g 5% yogurt and some berries, the strawberries being home grown.  The sweetener is stevia.

This looks really, really healthy - until you see the bit of crackling!  It wasn't the only bit either although Alex very helpfully finished off the rest.
So I guess the syns have shot up but I still reckon I'm within fifteen (maybe not within ten though).  Given how long the pork has been in the freezer, it was absolutely delicious and I'm jolly glad there's a fair bit to use up.
No afters - we were both full up.

(Later on I looked up roughly how many calories I burnt swimming.  Maybe it's not going to be so bad after all!)
I changed my dinner plans because of what was left over.  There were new potatoes, roasted squash and sweet potato and plenty of  pork.  I sliced some onion and the potatoes and cooked them in spray oil until the potatoes were browning.  Then I added some yellow pepper and some mushroom with another squirt of oil and carried on frying.  Then I added a couple of sliced mushrooms, the pork a cut up tomato and some garlic granules, salt and pepper and let all fry for a while, stirring now and again.
I spooned about half into a bowl for another time and to the rest crumbled over some feta and popped the lot in the oven for ten to fifteen minutes.
It was really nice.
I finished off with a yogurt

Focus areas:
Syns in meals, not in snacks:  Yes.  No snacks at all today, not even fruit
Regular swimming:  yes
High speed/protein, lower syns (under ten):  Not sure if the syns are under ten because of the crackling but there was plenty of protein and speed.

Today's plans:

B:  cooked breakfast - bacon, egg, mushroom and tomatoes; maybe some melon slices
And very nice too!
SW:  speed and protein

L:  pulled pork and roasted vegetable pitta, salad; fruit
I call it 'pulled' but it's not really, just very slow cooked and falling apart.
I'm going to reheat the pork and veg mixture from last night in the Ninja to get a bit more brown, then add some cheese and stuff it all in a pitta.  I've never done that before but I bet it's nice.
I gather roasted veg pizza is rather nice too - must give that a whirl at some point.
SW:  one healthy extra A and one healthy extra B

D:  pork and veg risotto, salad; fruit and yogurt
Loads of pork planned for today - can't waste good Sunday roast leftovers, can we?
SW:  one healthy A for some not-Parmesan and one and a half syns for up to 100g 5% yogurt

Exercise:  circuits, maybe a swim afterwards

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
two and a half syns

From the freezer:
bacon
pitta
chicken stock (for the risotto)

No comments:

Post a Comment