Thursday 30 June 2022

Thursday, 30-06-22

Good morning, everyone.

Where has the week gone?  Weigh day tomorrow and, as usual, I have no idea.  It will be interesting to see what the scales say after a week where I absolutely KNOW the value of what I've been eating, both in Slimming World terms and regarding calories.

Doing the whole calories thing has been an absolute pain but worth it.  I have a better picture now of what's going on with the food I eat.  This coming week, I am going to try and ensure that I don't go lower than 1300 calories (via the SW structure, of course) and I am thinking about ways I can up my calories without relying on fruit quite so much.  This means lean protein, doesn't it, as I don't want to eat rubbish/junk/empty calories.

Hmmm . . .
Yesterday's meals:

I really enjoyed this.  So good!
(321 calories)


Lunch was the broad bean hummus and I'm afraid it was pretty much a thumbs down from me.  I ate it - I dislike wasting food more than I disliked the recipe but won't be doing it again.  The melba toast was fine, the salad was nice too and, to be fair, it was all very filling.  Afters was a couple of apricots and they were lovely - I'll get some more next time I visit Lathcoats.
(263 calories)



No mid afternoon snack.  Lunch may not have been all my cuppa but it kept me full.
A very healthy and delicious dinner.  Twenty minutes in the Ninja - can't be bad.
For dessert, I went for some 5% Greek yogurt rather than the other kind so that's one and a half syns, mixed it with some chopped strawberries and add half a tsp chocolate caramel crunch (the sprinkles) for a bit of texture contrast.  Ooooh, it was lovely.
(675 calories)

I also spent 21 calories on three Smidgins (I love that drink)

Later on, I realised that I forgot to have cheese on the roasted veg so I had it as a nibble.


The calorie total for the day was 1269.  Not too far off my 1300 target although I did do a fifty minute swim.  That's because Lindsey had to cancel Personal Training (it's now Friday instead)

Today's plans:

B:  beans on toast
. . . because I haven't had it for absolutely ages and it is nice.
SW:  one healthy extra B and half a syn for some bbq sauce stirred into the beans for more ooomph.  Baked beans are protein/free

L:  tomato and lentil soup, ham and a bit of salad; fruit
I have some chopped tomatoes left over from Monday's balti so I'll turn it into one portion of soup, chucking in a bit of onion, a bit of carrot, some real and genuine chicken stock and some red lentils and blitzing/sieving the results into smoothness.
The ham and salad is in case the soup doesn't satisfy although I've just remembered I can have some grated cheese on the soup which will be very tasty.
SW:  this should be all speed and free apart from the cheese which will be a healthy extra A

D:  steak, tomatoes and mushrooms, side salad; fruit and yogurt
Nice and simple and easy to make.
SW:  one and a half syns for 100g 5% yogurt and the rest is protein, speed and free.

Exercise:  probably a swim.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
two syns


No comments:

Post a Comment