Thursday 9 June 2022

Thursday, 09-06-22

Good morning, everyone.
I've done my best to 'recover' from the damage done by two weeks of holiday and do feel I'm properly back on track.  Judging by the way the clothes feel, I will show a bit of a gain tomorrow but, fingers crossed, not a terribly big one.

I'm feeling optimistic for two more reasons.  The first is that I seem to have a run of four months straight before anything big that might derail me.  I tend not to go on holiday in the summer, mainly because the prices are so much higher and also, having been 'forced' to stick to school holiday times most of my life, it's very nice to stay home then and go away when it still feels slightly 'naughty'.
The other is that I will be doing quite a lot of swimming as I've signed up for a sponsored swim in July (in aid of Great Ormond Street Hospital) and aim to swim 5K in the month.  I know that's not a huge amount but it's a stretch for me and I'll have to work out times, etc, quite carefully to make sure I get it done (given my other commitments and the fact that it's not just the swim, it's all the kerfuffle around having a swim - hair, etc).
I know that second is more about toning than actual weight loss but the two go hand in hand, I find.

And I need to choose another focus area for next week - or stay with the same ones, maybe.  All ideas welcome, please.
Yesterday's meals:

Breakfast:  a very simple and highly enjoyable omelette, bacon and mushroom in the omelette and tomato inside.

And some watermelon to follow, straight from the fridge and mmmmmm.
Water melon is such an amazing colour, isn't it?
And just an extra - picked from the garden yesterday and destined not to last very long.
They're a bit grubby because I hadn't washed them and picked them over when I took the photo.
If I wasn't on SW, I'd be having these on scone and clotted cream, instead of the jam.  :-)


Lunch looks very similar to yesterday.  A bit of cheese added to coleslaw is lovely.  What I made is enough for two portions so I finished it off for dinner.

I had cut into an apple for some to add to the coleslaw so, after circuits, I ate the rest of it.

I'd also tried a 'low calorie brownies' recipe (which worked and is rather nice, although each bit is tiny) and, obviously, had to sample one - er - two bits.  That's three syns to add to the total but that's perfectly OK.
The other fourteen are now in the freezer, away from temptation.

The koftas were nice but I reckon I could make nicer ones myself!  And, probably, SW free.  I did enjoy this dinner though.
And here's the last of the milk jelly.  Gorgeous strawberries and a dollop of yogurt that had the texture of cream.  SO delicious.
I'll definitely do that again  soon.

Focus areas:
Sticking to basics:  yes
Plenty of speed: definitely
Syns in meals:  not quite, there were those little brownies but the evening went absolutely fine so that's good
Today's plans:

B:  breakfast wrap; melon slices
I'll just cook some breakfast food - bacon, tomato, mushroom and, maybe add a few baked beans -and use one or two eggs (probably one) to make a thin omelette that acts as the wrap.  A bit of cheese might be nice too.
(Really, it's just a filled omelette by another name)
SW:  the cheese will be part of my first healthy extra A, the bacon and eggs are protein, the tomatoes and mushrooms are speed and the baked beans are free

L:  ham and yellow split pea soup, croutons; maybe a salad - just salad veg, no protein; fruit
I'm looking forward to this - it was a lovely soup earlier in the week.
SW:  the croutons will be one healthy extra B and I will add some milk to the soup as the rest of my first  healthy extra A

D:  cheesy cottage pie, broccoli, carrot; fruit, jelly and yogurt
I'll make the mash topping nice and tasty with an egg yolk and some grated cheese which should brown nicely in the oven or Ninja.
I have three egg yolk to use up after making the brownies so I can use one of them in the mash.
SW:  one healthy extra A, one syn for a dollop of yogurt on the jelly and the rest is free/protein/speed.

Exercise:  a swim

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
one syn


From the freezer:
bacon
soup
bread
cooked mince



No comments:

Post a Comment