Sunday 12 June 2022

Sunday, 12-06-22

Good morning, everyone.

I have grandson Alex around for Sunday lunch and I've defrosted a rather large boneless pork joint is roasting long and slow so it more or less falls apart if a spoon so much as looks at it.  That will see me through next week for cold meat.

Yesterday's meals:

Such a tasty breakfast and so, so easy.  I'll definitely be making this again.


I'm glad I got the soup used; it was too nice to just chuck away.  And that's the end of the ham too.

Next week's go-to meal is pork (see above) so I'll have to look up some ideas.

I then had a lovely big, juicy orange.  It was scrummy.

Later in the afternoon, I had an apple.
Dinner - and very nice too - it tasted sort of Mediterranean (whatever that means).  Dessert was a toffee Mullerlight.  And that was that!


Focus areas:
Syns in meals, not in snacks:  Fine - my snack was an apple
Regular swimming:  Yes
High speed/protein, lower syns (under ten):  Yes
Today's plans:

B:  Fruit salad with yogurt
Lunch will be enormous so I'm having a lighter breakfast.
SW:  one and a half syns for 100g 5% Greek yogurt

L:  roast pork, apple and onion sauce, roasties, veg; fruit
The pork is already slow cooking and I have to make apple and onion sauce to go with it.  Al loves his roasties but I might have Jersey Royals instead.  I'll probably do broccoli, carrot and roasted squash and sweet potato (I do love roasted veg) and a gravy for Alex.
SW:  just a few syns to sweeten the apple and onion sauce but I will use eating apples so I won't need much - real sugar is nicer than sweetener in this context.  The rest is protein, speed and free.

D:  pulled pork pasta, salad or leftover veg; yogurt
The idea is to make just a basic pasta dish using some fresh tomatoes, onion, pepper and mushroom and add some shredded pork (there will be leftovers, for sure - even Alex can't get through so much meat) before adding in some pasta and sprinkling some cheese over.  Nice!
Thinking about it, I believe I have some SW-friendly bbq sauce in the freezer  if I do, I will add that as well.
SW:  one to two healthy extra As for cheese and half a syn for yogurt

Exercise:  an early morning swim maybe?

Summary:
one to two healthy extra As
no healthy extra Bs
four syns

From the freezer:
pork
maybe some veg
bbq sauce?



4 comments:

  1. I've been AWOL over the past few days. Hubby in hospital again - have had some shitty news so coming to terms with that. Will be back soon, hopefully. Will be reading even if I don't comment. Take care. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was getting concerned, Julia. Really sorry about this and sending love, for what it is worth. Lots of hugs and you take care too. xxx

      Delete
  2. You are so inspiring for keeping us eating healthy! That roast pork sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That really is such a lovely thing to say, thank you so much, Laurie. I am glad my ramblings are helpful. xx

      Delete