Saturday 11 June 2022

Saturday, 11-06-22

Good morning, everyone.

I was so, so surprised and happy yesterday.  At weigh in I had lost one pound so, with the half a pound I lost when I went to the Kessingland group, that's one and a half pounds off since my last weigh in at my group.

I've NEVER lost during a holiday period before.  My feeling that this time was different was right.

So - on we go!
Yesterday's meals:

It's one way to use up some baked beans and, with tomatoes, mushroom and bbq sauce added, it was really rather tasty.  I did cut out the fat you can see!

You will be seeing strawberries quite a lot until I've picked them all - and even then there's always the PYO at Lathcoats!
I had this really late - after four, the reason being I had gone swimming.  I ummed and ahed about just having fruit but decided to have the toastie instead and the eggy bread was delicious.  I'll do that again.

I egged one side of one slice of bread (for the outside),  then added the filling, egged the other slice and laid it on top before popping it in the pan.  It was a bit messy but worth it.

No fruit for afters.
Dinner - chicken tikka skewers - was so simple and so good.  It was just the classic yogurt mixed with a bit of curry paste and lemon juice to marinade the chunks of chicken.  Then thread with little cherry tomatoes and cook - ideally on a barbecue but I did them on a tray in the oven, the only problem with that being that the tray is now in soak!
I spent two syns on one tsp oil for the chips and it worked, they were nice and crispy.
Dessert was two of those mini brownie things for three syns plus half a tsp choccy sprinkles for half a syn.  Gorgeous.



Focus areas:
Sticking to basics:  yes
Plenty of speed: Yup, not too bad at all
Syns in meals:  Indeed.  No snacks today, not even fruit.


Today's plans:

B:  cinnamon eggy bread with yogurt and strawberries; watermelon slices
It has to be strawberries to use up the ones I have picked and I really fancy some cinnamon flavour.  Yummy!
I might treat it a bit like a cream tea - finely chop the strawberries, cut the bread into four triangles and eat it in my fingers.
It will be the last of the watermelon - must get another one.
SW:  half a healthy extra B and one and a half syns for 100g 5% yogurt

L:  ham and split pea soup, croutons; fruit (probably an orange)
Defrosted on Thursday so I MUST have it today.  I will also finish off the very last bit of ham.
SW:  half a healthy extra B, protein, speed and free

D:  roasted tomato and feta parcels, salad, maybe a small jacket potato; yogurt
I saw this in the new Easy Cook mag, p 55 but it isn't on the Good Food site - yet.  It's so very easy and is a barbie recipe really but I will do it in the oven or Ninja.  You just wrap little tomatoes, feta, rosemary and olive oil in a foil parcel and bake
My bag of Maris Pipers is mostly small potatoes which is ideal for me - portion control in a jacket!
SW:  one A for feta and half a syn for yogurt

Exercise:  a 'rest' day for me today although I'm in the havit of doing squats, ankle/foot exercises from time to time, e.g. while waiting for a bot to boil, a ring to warm up, etc.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
two syns


From the freezer:
bread
soup



2 comments:

  1. really well done Joy, so pleased for you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze. The motivation it has given me is immense, it really is. xx

      Delete