Friday 17 June 2022

Friday, 17-06-22

Good morning, everyone.
Weigh day today - fingers crossed and wish me luck, not that luck has anything to do with it, of course!

Have you ever made plant milk?  I've been looking up how very easy it is to make oat milk - you just soak your oats and drain, then add ice cold water, blend and strain and Bob's your uncle.  The only 'problem' seems to be that it wan go gloopy quite quickly if it blends for too long - caused by the friction of the blades.
I do like oat milk and thought I would try it at some point.  So say in the comments if you have ever made oat milk.


Yesterday's meals:

When it's hot, I can go off my food a bit and that was certainly true yesterday morning.  I had this for breakfast and found it perfectly satisfying.

Lunch was good.  The pitta filling was just shredded cooked roast pork, 30g grated cheddar and about a third of an apple, grated.  I mixed it all round and stuffed it it, no other additions, no sauce or seasonings and it was so delicious.  I'll remember that!
The coleslaw had some of the apple, chopped, and I ate the rest for dessert.  It helps that is was a good, juicy apple, a Smitten.
I looked them up and Google tells me that they are a cross between Royal Gala, Braeburn, Fiesta and Falstaff (I don't know the last two) and were developed in New Zealand.  So now we know.

Simple is Very Good.  There was a little bit of coleslaw left and I seasoned the chicken with salt, pepper and chilli flakes before spraying with oil and popping in the pan.
I finished with a kvarg.


Today's plans:

B:  breakfast muffin with tomatoes and mushrooms
I really fancy this so fingers crossed I will still want it after weigh in.
I'll use a wholemeal muffin with bacon, egg and bbq or brown sauce and the tomatoes and mushrooms will be on the side.
SW:  one healthy extra B and one syn for the sauce.

L:  cheesy jacket potato, salad; fruit
Just something very simple and cool - I'll cook the potato in the microwave and finish it off with ten minutes in the Ninja to crisp up the skin.  The salad will be pretty much all speed as salads tend to be.
SW:  one to two healthy extra As for the cheese

D:  barbecue; fruit and yogurt
I think I rather fancy a meaty, salady barbecue with bits and bobs - maybe a couple of sausages, one of those chicken kofta things from the freezer and a bit of bacon with just a nice clean salad on the side.  The greedy, unrealistic side of me says steak, chicken, burger but I know I won't eat all that when it comes to it although I do have a couple of drumsticks, cooked, from two roast dinners ago.
I have a titchy little barbie to use and I have the time.**
SW:  I'm keeping it simple so there won't be any fancy sauces or anything like that.  I think I have a couple of two syn sausages in the freezer so let's say four syns for them, one syn for a chicken kofta.  I might have mayo for one syn.  One and a half syns for yogurt.

Exercise:  a swim

Summary:
one to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
eight and a half syns

From the freezer:
muffin
sausages
kofta
bacon

** Edit:  I found some hm pork and apple burgers in the freezer so I have added one of those for half a syn (for breadcrumbs, I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment