Wednesday 15 June 2022

Wednesday, 15-06-22

Good morning, everyone.

I'm finding that a combination of warm weather and increased exercise has made a difference to the food I am wanting (I won't say craving, it's not as strong as that).  I'm not so attracted to carby stuff and much more inclined towards fresher, lighter foods and smaller portions too.
I expected that when I upped my exercise levels with the swimming, my appetite would increase accordingly but it hasn't.  I must watch that because I don't want to go too low once the burnt exercise calories are taken into account.

Yesterday's meals:

I had an orange before I went to Groove and breakfast afterwards.  The scrambled egg made with the new laid eggs was absolutely gorgeous.
This was a nice way of using up some roast pork.  I shredded the pork and mixed it with some grated cheddar.  I spread some green tomato chutney over a wrap, spooned the pock/cheese mixture on half, folded the other half over and crisped up the outside in a pan.  So good.


When it came to dinner time, I just didn't want what I had planned - cajun steak dirty rice.  I didn't fancy steak, I didn't fancy rice.
Instead, I just had a nibble of cheese (the rest of my healthy extra As plus three syns), some fruit, a couple of very delicious mini tomatoes and a yogurt.  Just what my body or emotions or mind (delete as applicable) was asking for.

Focus areas:
Syns in meals, not in snacks:  Yes, despite what I've said above; it wasn't a snack, it was a little meal.
Regular swimming:  Yes.  Friday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday
High speed/protein, lower syns (under ten):  Yes, I'm sure the syns were below ten.  The speed was a bit lower than usual but I still had my five a day.
Today's plans:  

B:  sweet omelette, fruit and yogurt
SW:  one and a half syns for 100g 5% yogurt

L:  melon, feta and Parma ham panzanella salad; fruit
This is adapted from the July SW magazine, p 86.
I'm subbing the white sourdough for wholemeal (don't have any white sourdough), I have Kalamata olives so will use them, and don't have any capers so will leave them out (might chop up a few gherkins instead??).  And no basil - horrid stuff.  I see I have no healthy extra As planned anywhere else so I will have some feta.  Finally, I have some Parma ham so I will cut off all the fat, chops some up and add that too.
SW:  one healthy extra B, one and a half syns for the olives and I believe the rest is speed/free, even with the changes.

D:  griddled steak with some spray fried veg on top (finely cut onion, pepper, mushroom and tomato so a sort of salsa like thing but cooked), broccoli, cauliflower; fruit and yogurt
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt; the rest is speed and free

Exercise:   personal training today

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B

From the freezer:
steak


Julia:  thinking of you.  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment