Wednesday 29 June 2022

Wednesday, 29-06-22

Good morning, everyone.

Yesterday's meals:

When you add a bit of sweetener to 5% yogurt, it tastes remarkably cream-like.  Breakfast was a bit like a strawberry cream tea.
I also had a nectarine.
(289 calories)
I accidentally thawed two slices of bread for lunch and ummed and ahed about making a toastie but didn't in the end.  I just ate the bread and very nice it was too.
I had an apricot and a nectarine for afters.
375 calories)

Later on I had a couple of babybel lights and an apricot
(97 calories)

Instead of 30g cheddar, I used three babybels, ate two as a snack and put one inside the burger which worked out really well.  Very nice and still one B choice altogether.

Dessert was 20g strawberry jam that I couldn't squash into the jam jar with some 0% yogurt and a strawberry on top.  Yum.
(all of dinner was 522 calories)


Nutracheck tells me that the day's calories total 1285 which is more like it.  I felt as if I'd been eating rather a lot.  And, in the interests of complete honesty, a few strawberries might have slipped in, unrecorded!



Today's plans:

B:  bacon, sausage, tomatoes., mushrooms
The sausages - chipolatas really - will be those nice, two syn ones from Sainsbury's, the Taste the Difference ones.
SW:  four syns for the sausages, up to one syn for some bbq sauce, if I want it.

L:  broad bean hummus, melba toast, salad
I found the recipe in a supplement to June's Good Food magazine and am intrigued by it.  I have broad beans in the freezer so fancy giving it a go.  
The recipe is part of this recipe although there seem to be loads of versions on the internet so I'll do a bit of trawling around to see the differences.  For a start. I will use peanut butter powder instead of tahini which I neither like, nor have.
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/chicken-skewers-with-broad-bean-hummus
The chicken skewers look quite nice too.
I'll make the melba toast by toasting a slice of wholemeal, carefully splitting it into two thinner slices and then baking.  I've done this before and it's dead easy.
SW:  half syn for the peanut butter powder (going by the calories on the jar) and one healthy extra B or the melba toast

D:  salmon, cheesy roasted veg; yogurt or kvarg
I have a little bit of aubergine left so will include that in the roasted veg - usually I have squash, sweet potato, onion, pepper, tomato and mushroom.  I need to include some healthy extra A so will sprinkle some grated cheddar over the vegetables - I think that will be nice.
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt and one healthy extra A

Exercise:  personal training

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
six syns


No comments:

Post a Comment