Tuesday 21 June 2022

Tuesday, 20-06-22

 Good morning, everyone.

After thoroughly enjoying the roast veg paella on Saturday evening, I had a trawl around Google and found one that's part of the Hello Fresh range of meals.  The recipe was available without needing to sign in so I downloaded it  and I think I'll give it a go this evening (with a few modifications)  I don't have paella rice but I can use Arborio rice instead.  I have good experiences of the Hello Fresh recipes so I expect this will be pretty delicious.

Here's the recipe and, if you scroll down a bit, to the right of the instructions, there's a little PDF link that takes you to the recipe sheet that you can either print or screen shot.


Yesterday's meals:

A very refreshing smoothie made with oats, oat milk, strawberries, a banana and sweetener.
Apologies - I had worked my way through a fair amount of this before remembering I hadn't taken a photo, sorry.  It's the first half of the leftovers from Sunday plus some fresh salad.

I had an apple and an orange during the afternoon.
And here's the creamy pasta bake for dinner.  The creamy' is some 5% yogurt and it was delicious.

I was too full for dessert


Today's plans:

B:  yogurt and fruit
I was going to have a cooked breakfast until I remembered that after I come back from Groove, Sharon is coming round to do my hair and I really won't have time to cook a breakfast.  
SW:  speed and protein

L:  tuna salad wrap; fruit
I will mix tuna with shredded lettuce and some mayo and have it in a wrap with, probably, cucumber. and more salad on the side
SW:  one healthy extra B and one syn for superlight mayo

D:  roasted vegetable paella (see above for the recipe); fruit salad and yogurt
I'll use spray oil, I think, and I fancy adding some squash and sweet potato to the mix and, maybe some kidney beans (I saw this on a different recipe and it looked lovely as well as adding a bit of protein.  I will certainly cut down on the rice too - I won't want quite as much as that.
The mayo will be super light mayo.
SW:  by using spray oil, it makes this half a syn for the mayo and that's it.  Good oh!

Exercise:  Groove aerobics and, possibly, a swim

Summary:
no healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
one and a half syns


From the freezer:
just a wrap today

4 comments:

  1. Do you have any nice vegetarian recipes Joy. We have veggie friends coming for tea tomorrow and I'd like to cook something a bit special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, gosh. Beth swears by my vegetarian crumble (savoury) I rub in flout, oats and butter, add grated cheese and seasonings (paprika is nice) and that's the topping. The bottom is a right mixture of veg and beans in chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and additions like Henderson's relish, spices, etc. It's never the same from one to the next but it's nice. Very hearty though, rather than posh.
      I'm rather hoping tonight's paella will be tasty too.
      Really, anything you make with meat can be made without and add beans and different seasonings instead.
      A bean pasta bake is very good, as is bean chilli, that sort of thing.
      Does that help? xx

      Delete
    2. That does help thanks. It's not posh tea just a meal with lovely friends.

      Delete
    3. Have a lovely time. xx

      Delete