Friday 24 June 2022

Friday, 24-06-22

 Good morning, everyone.

After posting yesterday, I went on a recipe hunt and found what looks like an absolutely delicious recipe for using aubergine on the BBC site.  I can see that appearing on my recipe planning very soon - like tomorrow!

Here it is - what do you think?

And then I Googled 'can you freeze aubergines?' and yes, you can!  three cheers - the rest won't go to waste.

Then I looked through the Slimming World recipes on their site and wow - there's loads.  Some don't attract at all but some look great.  Aubergine is a speed food so bonus points there - just a shame it really soaks up the oil, isn't it?

Weigh in this morning and then a dieting disaster - I'm going to a Macmillan Coffee Afternoon.  Fizz and cakes - not that I will be fizzing because of driving.  Faith is doing some not-Pimms so I can enjoy that instead.
Yesterday's meals:

A fruit platter for breakfast - the banana is free and the rest are speed.
The home made mixed bean pate was all right, really quite nice.  I made the crunchy wrap by simply putting one wrap in the oven shelf at around 160 until it was hard and brittle.  Rather like a poppadum done in the microwave (if you've ever done that).

Then I had a nectarine and, later on, an orange.
This was so simple - ten minutes in the Ninje.  I followed that with a yogurt.

And then, unfortunately, I lost the plot and hade walnuts (I'd opened the packet to make one of the cakes for this afternoon) and then cheese and then ice cream.  Oh, dear.  I have no idea why but there you go - if I knew why, I wouldn't do it.

Still - back onto it and hope that it will be enough to hold me steady this afternoon.




Today's plans:

B:  mushroom omelette with tomatoes on the side
Nothing too heavy this morning but I do need to eat or I will just go bonkers when I see the cake.  I might add a bit of chopped lean ham to the omelette for more lasting power.
SW:  protein and speed

L:  just some fruit  
I don't plan to scoff on much cake but I am going to have one piece, definitely, so a very minimal lunch.  This is where the 16-8 window helps - I won't long have had breakfast.
SW:  speed or free

D:  chicken (on the Cobb, weather permitting), salad; fruit salad
I hope it's warm enough.  If not, it will be griddle pan inside.  It should be nice and light after cake.
SW: protein, speed and free

Exercise:    My rest day - there's just no time to do formal exercise.  Mind you, I think 'rest' is a bit of a misnomer today!

Summary:
no healthy extra As
no healthy extra Bs
(because - cake!  And last night)
five syns


From the freezer:
chicken

2 comments:

  1. The aubergine layered bake sounds gorgeous, right up my street. I generally slice aubergines, spray with oil and then grill them, turning and spraying the other side halfway through. Much better than frying - as you say, they soak up so much oil. I did try making a moussaka without cooking the aubergines first - mistake, they didn't cook through properly, so now I always pre-grill them. Have a lovely afternoon at the Macmillan thing. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound nice, doesn't it? I have bought some goat's cheese so it's all systems go for tomorrow.
      xx

      Delete