Tuesday 14 June 2022

Tuesday, 14-06-22

Good morning, everyone.
The weather continues to be beautiful and I am happy each time I look round my garden.  There's only a small growing space, mostly flowers, but there's some fruit and veg growing well right now.  I can't claim much credit yet as I use bedding plants from a local garden centre.

I have a yellow, courgette, two cucumbers, quite a lot of tomato plants, some sweetcorn (not baby corn so free rather than speed) plus strawberries, raspberries and apples.  The blueberries haven't done anything this year and the pear and plum are too young.  No runner beans this year but I will miss them and need to think how I can manage some next year.   A couple of deep pots, perhaps?

Yesterday's meals:

The usual cooked breakfast.
It's so easy - I do the mushroom, tomatoes and bacon in the Ninja, air fry, 200C for eight minutes, which gives me time to heat up the pan and do the egg.
The melon was juicy but a bit unripe.  Oh, well, some you lose and it's OK enough to finish.


Oh, this was nice.  I had forgotten how delicious roasted veg is with salad.  And what I put in the pitta with some grated cheddar was also just so good.
A bit carby because the roasted veg contained potato, but after a circuits session and then a swim, it was just perfick.
I didn't have room for any afters.
You can't go wrong with a risotto, can you?  Nice meat and veg + good stock =success!
I've only take a photo of this to show off that all the strawberries have been picked from the garden.  Delicious.



Focus areas:
Syns in meals, not in snacks:  Yes
Regular swimming:  Yes - Friday, Sunday, Monday . . .
High speed/protein, lower syns (under ten):  much better today, not many syns at all and lots of speed.


Today's plans:

B:  scrambled eggs on toast, tomatoes on the side; melon
Yesterday I picked up some new laid eggs from a lady in town who has rescue hens.  Three of them are really tiny and so cute while three are huge so I thought I'd combine the three tiny ones and have scrambled egg.  I'm so looking forward to it.
See what I mean about tiny - she only asked for 50p as they were so small which was nice of her, I thought.

I will have to syn the bread as I'm having a wrap for lunch.
SW  three syns for one slice bread

L:  cheesy pork quesadilla, salad; fruit
I will shred the remains of the pork, mix it with some grated cheddar and maybe add some sliced tomato and/or onion.
SW:  One or more healthy extra As, one healthy extra B

D:  cajun steak dirty rice, maybe a little salad; fruit and yogurt
I found this recipe in the new Chubby Cubs book and, as I had discovered some steak hiding in the freezer, I though 'perfect'.
Like all their recipes, it is pretty simple but packed with flavour by the looks of it, so I am looking forward to making and tasting this one.
SW:  I've looked down the list of ingredients and it is all speed, free and protein.  If I have 5% yogurt, that will be one and a half syns

Exercise:  Groove aerobics, home for breakfast and then off for a swim!

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
four and a half syns

From the freezer:
bread
wrap
steak

4 comments:

  1. We're growing some runner beans in a deep pot up a wigwam of canes, we've done it before. I have them in the front garden, they look pretty when in flower and it's so convenient to have the beans beside the front door (for reasons best known to the architect/builders, our back door doesn't open into the back garden, but to the side of the front garden!). I'm impressed that you do such a lot of exercise, Joy....I bet you wouldn't have thought you'd be a gym bunny at your age! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seven years ago it would never have occurred to me, Sooze. Not a chance.
      I'm glad runner beans in pots works. I don't need loads, just enough for one with maybe a few to give away. They are pretty - the Elizabethans used to grow them for flowers rather than food) and they will add some height to the garden.
      How deep are your pots, please?

      Delete
    2. I would say about 18", Joy, we have 6 canes and plants in there.

      Delete
    3. < looks at 18" on the ruler > Thanks, that's very helpful, Sooze. xx

      Delete