Friday 1 July 2022

Friday, 01-07-22

Good morning, everyone.

Weigh in - eeeek.
No, not eeek at all really but I am intrigued to see how those scales react after this last week.  I definitely feel slimmer but feelings can be deceptive.

As mentioned yesterday, I will carry on checking the calories for one more week.  After worrying about not having enough, I was reminded that I'm not that tall, fairly near target weight and, significantly, now seventy (which sounds perfectly ridiculous but facts is facts, however much I don't feel anything near that age) so my calorie needs aren't as high as someone in a younger banding.  So we will see.
However, I totally refuse to keep on weighing out lettuce/leaves.  They are so low, I'm probably taking in more calories in my diet drinks!

My lovely intermittent egg lady (when she has the eggs for me rather than weekly) texted to say she had some eggs for me and I picked them up.  Eggs are going to feature quite strongly in the next few days, I expect.  They are so delicious.
Yesterday's meals:

Beans on toast is one of the easiest meals ever but so delicious.  I might get fed up with it if I had it often but now and again is wonderful.  I enjoyed this!
(308 calories)

I had to have it early because of fitting my meals round the rest of the day's doings, so when I came back from swimming, I had a banana, just to keep me going for a while more.  I'm used to having my meals closer together.
(100 calories exactly)

This was most satisfying after a swim on a dull day.  I only added a level tbsp red lentils but they give a soup so much more 'substance'.  I added 60 mls of milk which can come out of my second healthy extra B.
I followed the soup with an apple.
(382 calories)

Later on, I had one apricot  (15 calories)

This was also really nice (I get a bit boring saying that all the time, don't I?)  I added some hm green tomato chutney for extra yumminess (and one and a half syns).
Dessert was 5% yogurt and some strawberries.
(456 calories)

Add 21 calories (one syn) for the daily tipple of Smidgin and the day's calories come to 1282 which is pretty close to what I want really.
Nutracheck also tells me that I burnt 234 calories swimming.

Today's plans:

B:  scrambled eggs on toast
So good.  I have a bit of ham left so I will probably chop that and sprinkle it on top.
SW:  no speed in this meal but that's OK and  one healthy extra B for the toast.

L:  frittata/tortilla type thing, salad; fruit
This will probably make enough for two but that's OK.  The recipe says new potatoes but I have Maris Pipers and they will have to do.
I looked up the difference between tortilla and frittata and it said they are pretty much the same except in the way they are finished off.  I'll finish mine off under the grill so it seems that makes it a frittata.
Some grated cheese on top will be really nice.  I can add loads because it will make two portions!  Excellent.
SW:  up to two healthy extra As and the rest is protein, speed and free

D:  M&S spicy chicken arrabbiata, side salad; yogurt
This takes me very firmly into the realm of flexi syns - I've copied a chunk about this from the SW site and pasted it at the bottom.  However, the calories work out fine (I think).  I will enjoy it very much, I think, and if I don't, lesson learned!
SW:  twenty one and a half syns for the pizza and half a syn for yogurt

Exercise:  personal training (postponed on Wednesday)

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
twenty two syns




What are flexible syns?
This is what SW says.

There are times when those 5-15 Syns just aren’t enough. While you could eat out or go to a party and stick rigidly to your Syns, you may find yourself feeling just a touch deprived. And that’s when trouble can start. So what’s the alternative? Flexibility!

Slim people overeat occasionally and don’t worry about it. They carry on with their normal routine as soon as they’re able. Or they adjust what they eat beforehand. Or they compensate afterwards. Slimmers can do the same – and it works.

Most slimmers are happy with the idea of cutting down beforehand or compensating afterwards. Maybe that’s because they can see the logic of it, or because they feel they must ‘pay’ or suffer for their pleasures. But at Slimming World we don’t believe in suffering! We take flexibility much further: we believe that sometimes flexibility means doubling or even trebling your Syns for the day – without paying.

Ask a dedicated slimmer to be really flexible – to have maybe 30 Syns for a day – and you’ll often see a look of shock and disbelief. But the most common reason for failure is a lack of flexibility. Over-rigid adherence to any slimming plan has been the cause of many a slimmer’s downfall.

2 comments: