Wednesday 6 July 2022

Wednesday, 06-07-22

Good morning, everyone.
 Only two more days of calorie reporting.  Thank goodness for that.  
I think it was worth doing, I've learnt things and am more aware now.  But what a faff it all is, to be sure!
Having said that, I reckon it would be sensible to have a regular double check - maybe one week a month - just to keep tracks.  However, I won't bore you all with it, I promise.

Yesterday's meals:

Breakfast . . .
before Groove
and after Groove.

(334 calories the lot)

At Hyde Hall, see what a Good Girl I was.  
(94 calories)

This was very simple and very nice.  It was followed by a small peach and an apricot.
(174 calories)


Later on, when I logged it all, it looked too low so I had three mini babybel lights for a healthy extra A or 123 calories.

And finally, the chicken stirfry with mango and sweet chilli sauce and it was lovely.

I finished the day off with some kvarg.

(415 calories)


Calorie total for the day:  1,140 - but I've eaten loads.

Oh, well!




Today's plans:

B:  ham and marmite mushrooms on toast
I have quite a lot of mushrooms so this will be perfect.  I also have quite a lot of ham so that's a bit of protein extra.
I don't have any Philly light so I will use some 5% yogurt which should taste quite 'creamy' and, fingers crossed, won't split so easily.
SW:  half a healthy extra B for one slice toast and one and a half syns for 100g 5% yogurt (any I don't use, I will have just as yogurt!

L:  parma ham, goat's cheese and griddled peach salad with croutons; fruit
I've not been all that good with healthy extras recently so I'm trying harder today.
I'll cut all the fat off the parma ham.
SW:  one healthy extra A for cheese and the other half of my B choice for another slice of wholemeal to make the croutons in the Ninja.  One syn for some of my own made grain mustard and nectar dressing.

D:  corned beef hash, broccoli; fruit (probably strawberries) and yogurt
There are as many versions of corned beef hash as there are people making it, I think.  I do it like my Mum did.  Soften some onion in spray oil, add some slices of cooked new potato and seasonings and sizzle until it turns brown, then add come cubes of corned beef and let that sizzle too.
You can also add cooked veg - peas, corn, mushrooms, peppers, etc.  I have the last two to hand.
It's ever so nice with brown sauce or grated cheese (or both) over!
(and also, it is dead easy!)
SW:  half a can of lean corned beef is two and a half syns although I might be very, very naughty and have the whole can - see how hungry I feel.  Brown sauce is half a syn per tbs (Crucials) and the yogurt is half a syn

Exercise:  personal training

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
eight and a half syns, if I have all of the corned beef

4 comments:

  1. Counting calories (as I did many years ago, and I suspect lots of us!) is a pain in the bum! As you say though Joy, it has thrown up some interesting things for you - seemingly eating a lot yet on some days insufficient calories. Bet you'll be glad to stop the counting! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not half!! :-) The number of times i forgot and had to take it out of the pan to weigh. I suppose it gets easier in time.
      It has been interesting though. xx

      Delete
  2. Oh how yummy that salad looks. I'd happily eat that every day of the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was delicious. Very basic but sometimes the simplest is the best. I find it really useful to boil up a gammon joint and use it over the following week. The cooked ham freezes well too. It is more economical that one would think.
      This was one I bought for Christmas and never used. :-)
      xx

      Delete