Saturday 9 July 2022

Saturday, 09-07-22

 Good morning everyone.

At weigh in, I maintained.  I was so cross and frustrated - after all that counting and weighing and so on, only a maintain.  

I worked my way through the self-anger yesterday, ate a shocking amount of naughty food, swung from lows to highs (we finally exchanged on Dad's house yesterday) and back to lows again, had a Chinese takeaway in the evening (and enjoyed every mouthful, so there 😄 ), slept very badly and have woken this morning feeling yucky and stiff and muggy headed which jolly well serves me right!

I didn't get my swim because I had to hang around waiting for phone calls about the exchange of contracts but at least I did walk to SW and home again.

Oh, well, it is time to refocus, get a grip again and move on.  I've probably scuppered the chances of much of a loss next week but there you go, at least I will know why, won't I?
Today will be difficult, I expect.  The mugginess is down to poor nutrition yesterday plus a bad night and the aches are also poor nutrition plus an awful lot of tension through the day so it will pass as the 'whatevers' leave my body and the parks walk will ease the stiffness.

The Chinese was nice but, truly, I prefer the clean, healthier eating any day of the week so that's good.  And I did manage about eight and a half thousand steps which is not too bad at all.

Sorry, no photos - not a chance!

Today's plans:

B:  I'm taking two Hi Fi bars with me on the walk to have when we stop for coffee.  I really don't want anything apart from hot, black coffee right now!
SW:  one healthy extra B

L:  chicken and ham salad; apple
A nice, clean, simple salad will do the trick, I think.  I'll have some of my home made grain mustard and nectar dressing on the salad.
I may very well leave the apple and have it late afternoon.  Perhaps I have been having a bit too much fruit lately.
SW:  one syn for the dressing

D:  simple carbonara, griddled courgettes; fruit and yogurt
I really did fancy trying that carbonara so here it is again.  The sauce part is just egg and parmesan (or, in my case, not-parmesan).  The courgette is the first picking from the garden so should taste wonderful!
SW:  up to two healthy extra As for the cheese and up to one and a half syns if I have the 5% yogurt

Exercise:  a walk through the parks.

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
two and a half syns


2 comments:

  1. I really "get" that feeling of anger when one feels they have had a "good" week and there is not much to show for it. I used to get a little annoyed when folk said "at least it wasn't a gain"! No - BUT IT WASN'T A LOSS, EITHER!! (Shouty voice!). Keep at it - you do so well to keep going and that is an achievement in itself. Have a great week-end with lots of luscious, healthy meals. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I'd replied but obviously I forgot to send. Doh!
      Anyway, many thanks for the encouraging words and I feel much better after a very pleasant walk.
      How are things with you? xx

      Delete