Sunday 3 July 2022

Sunday, 03-07-22

Good morning, everyone.

Yesterday's meals:

Breakfast was the crustless quiche with tomatoes and mushrooms.  Nice.
I also had an apple.
(427 calories)


I went for a walk in the park and stopped off for a coffee and (ooops) fell for a bag of crisps.  Not the smallest bag either, one for 169 calories or eight and a half syns.  I haven't had crisps for the longest time and it was OK, I enjoyed it, but not really worth it.
Lunch was refried bean quesadillas, not the least bit authentic but very nice.  I used 30g cheese, not 45g, so that's three syns clawed back.
Then I had an apricot and a doughnut (flat) peach.
(423 calories)

Dinner was the recipe from the take five, second helpings book and, simple as it was, it was absolutely gorgeous.  I will always add ricotta to meatballs (and maybe burgers too) if I have some because it kept them from being dry.
It was very typically SW in that it made a huge portion so I have pretty much half left for another meal, Monday, I think, as I have already planned something else pasta based for today.  When I have it again, I will add some speed veg (onion, pepper and mushroom) to the mix  - that will be nice.
Anyway, doing some mathematics with the calories and syns, it came to two syns and 244 calories per portion.
I was too full for dessert.



So, with the crisps added to the amounts, I had all my healthy extras and eighteen and a half syns while the calories came to 1263 - which is a perfect example of how you really can't use both Slimming World and calories together all that comfortably - under calories but over syns.
At 6:47 yesterday evening, the day's steps came to 13,776 - I suppose it was quite an active day really, what with a walk and plenty of in and out with washing, etc.  I've discovered that I can use some of the steps in Nutracheck as 'exercise' so I will.  Knowledge is power, as the saying goes.
Today's plans:

B:  banana, pancakes with fruit and yogurt
I'll be having the banana before I have my early morning swim and the pancakes afterwards.
SW:  one healthy extra B for wholemeal flour (bit of a cheaty tweak here) and  one and a half syns for 100g 5% Greek yogurt.  The milk I use will go with the ricotta to make one healthy extra A in total.

L:  ham salad; fruit
I was going to have a simple roast dinner but I think that will just be too much - I mean too filling.  I have some ham on the freezer so I can use that and I might have some olives in the salad for a bit of a treat.  I also have some of the grain mustard and agave nectar hm salad dressing to use.
SW:  one syn for the dressing

D:  pasta with prawns, ricotta and peas, salad; kvarg
I found this in the new SW recipe book, Taste the Sunshine.  There's no doubt that one of the big strengths of Slimming World is its fantastic range of recipe books (as well as the intensive collection of recipes on their site).  The word 'ricotta' caught my eye so I read on and thought it looked rather tasty.  Simple too, very easy.  If you have the book, it is on page 24.
I'll let you know.
SW:  one healthy extra A for the ricotta cheese - it's not enough for an A really but I'll combine it with some milk for the breakfast pancakes.  Half a syn for the kvarg

Exercise:  an early morning swim - lovely!

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
three syns

2 comments:

  1. I think there may be a typo unless you really did have 12,000+ calories in one day!

    I miss eating crisps regularly. It's not the taste so much but more the texture and that satisfying crunch. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops a daisy. Thanks, Eileen, I've corrected it now!
      Yes, I agree, it is the whole mouth/texture thing that is so satisfying. It was nice as a treat now and again. xx

      Delete