Monday 11 July 2022

This week's SW food haul from Morrisons

Here we are.   Not an awful lot but it still came to an eye watering amount because of the meat/fish.  Oh, well . . .

I also got two bags of ice that went straight into the freezer and some toiletries which you can't eat so they're not here! 

Fruit and veg
The nectarines looked rather nice so I got a punnet with five (some had five and some had four bigger ones but, as you eat them by unit, not weight . . .)
Then there are the usual strawberries, raspberries and blueberries and I also got some blackberries as they looked rather good.
I get through a lot of tomatoes but, fingers crossed, mine will start ripening soon . . .

Meat and fish
Youi can see why it was a more expensive shop, can't you?
The parma ham has quite a long date, so that's good.
The cooked chicken does not - it's tomorrow.  I didn't notice that which was careless of me.  I'll use one tomorrow and the other can go into the freezer.
I also got a piece of salmon for this evening and then discovered, when I put the ice away, two fillets staring at me from the depths.  Oh, well, it won't go to waste, that is for sure.
And then smoked salmon because it is summer, I have lovely cucumber and wholemeal bread.  That will make a nice lunch at some point.


Bits and bobs
I found I was right out of lime juice and I use that a lot.  I've nearly finished the balsamic vinegar, getting through it a lot faster now I have discovered not-Pimms and the others I just fancies.  I'll bake the butter chicken sometime for a Friday fakeaway and freeze three portions.


So that's this week.  What with what I already had and this, it will keep me going very happily.  Nice. xx



2 comments:

  1. I've used the Spice Tailor packs. They're useful to keep in the cupboard as they have such a long shelf life and every one I've had do far has been full of flavour. I thought they were only a meal for two though, but have never had the butter chicken one so maybe that's a bigger pack?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it says 2-3. Even better. I don't want to be loading up the freezer unnecessarily.
      They are good, aren't they? I used to take one over to Dad when I went. He loved a spicy meal and they were just perfect. xx

      Delete