Monday 25 July 2022

Monday, 25-07-22

 Morning, everyone!

Now that all the disruptions, disturbances, meals out, meals at home with friends, etc, etc, are all over, it is Back On Plan week this week, thank goodness.  I am really looking forward to it.  The scales won't look great on Friday, but they will look better than they do right at this moment.  :-)


Yesterday's meals:

A nice 'clean' tasting breakfast, as simple as it looks.
And that's the smoked salmon used up!

The cheese scones worked out pretty well.  Being made with wholemeal flour, they tasted very 'wholesome' (well, they would!) and I like that very much.   
The mix goes further than for the sweet ones and I used 0% yogurt which saved a few syns.
Four scones came to one and a half As, one and a half Bs and the rest is all speed and free.  Two of them are now in the freezer for another time.
The Primula came to part of a healthy extra and went really well as a topping.


Dinner was the Indian takeaway and it was delicious.  I had guests, so no photos.
Beth took all the leftovers for Alex except for some tandoori chicken which I really didn't need to order but you know how you worry there won't be enough!!!  Anyway, that is now split into three portions and in the freezer, being reasonably SW friendly.

Today's plans:

B:  bacon, mushroom and tomatoes
The bacon will be some of the delicious Southwold bacon, the egg will just be an egg and the tomatoes will be picked from the garden - yay!

Proof!!!!

SW:  protein and speed, no syns



L:  tandoori chicken, salad; fruit
I may as well start using up that chicken.  It is on the bone so will need sort of 'shredding' off and I will remover any remaining skin before eating it, of course.  One of the many sensible rules of SW is to take off the chicken skin and discard it (I don't like chicken skin anyway!).
The salad will contain home grown cucumber, courgette and tomato - a veritable feast!
I might have a go at making a yogurt and mint dressing too. 
Google says : 'This is the most classic version of the Indian Yogurt mint Sauce – it includes Yogurt, mint, coriander, spice from green chili, zing from lemon juice, and Cumin Powder.'
I have most of those ingredients although I think the sauce we had last night had turmeric, judging by the colour.  I've found an easy enough recipe so will give it a go - nut no leaf coriander - nasty, soapy tasting stuff!
SW:  There are varying syns for tandoori chicken.  Given that I'm going to be de-skinning, etc, I think I will say four syns, to be on the safe side.  The sauce looks like being free as long as I use 0% yogurt

D:  beef stroganoff with horseradish spiked mash and roasted courgette
I know this sounds daft but I can't find my last Simply Cook kit from the first box, the Singapore Pork.  I've got the recipe card, I can't find the little pots.  Weird.  I'm sure they will turn up but, in the meanwhile, I am very glad I ordered another box last week because I enjoyed the first meals so much and a tenner at a time doesn't break the bank.
I will do a bit of tweaking - I'll use some yogurt and some light crème fraiche instead of soured cream and I will do less potato that it says.  I'll have to modify the method to accommodate using yogurt but it should be OK and if it does split, it's not the end of the world, it just looks a bit odd.
The roasted courgette will be a yellow courgette from the garden, just sprayed and roasted in the Ninja.
As I'm not sure it will all freeze, I will have similar tomorrow.
SW:  unfortunately, SW doesn't have the syns.  It says 700 calories but it should be less than that with the changes.

E:  Circuits and then a swim.

Summary:
no healthy As or Bs
syns unknown but it should all be well within the limit.
(not so great for 'back on track' ooops)


No comments:

Post a Comment