Friday 15 July 2022

Friday, 15-07-22

Good morning, everyone.
Weigh day today.  I don't hold out any hopes of a loss this week.  I know I'm facing, at the very best, a maintain or, quite possibly, a gain but I know why so that's fine - I made choices earlier in the week, enjoyed what I ate, there's the heat to take into account I and won't be sulking.

In case you are wondering (you probably weren't) I'm doing fairly casual intermittent fasting at the moment.  If I stick to a strict eight hour window, I'm finding it hard to eat enough, especially in this hot weather when one doesn't want so much anyway and cold salads are the name of the game.

Yesterday's meals:


Good old cooked breakfast!

The rice is leftovers from last night and worked well as a salad.  Dessert was a peach and a couple of plums, picked on Wednesday.


Expecting a friend over, I made a small batch of shortbread, put it through Nutracheck and it came out as five syns for one little piece.  FIVE!!!
Oh, well, I had the syns to spend so I had one (quality control - you know!) and I took the rest round to my daughter as my friend couldn't come in the end.
So that was that!

A nice, simple, hassle free dinner.  I cooked two pieces of salmon so I can have one for breakfast today.  Odd, I know, but with scrambled egg, it's nice.

The day finished with a Mullerlight and, a bit later, a peach.

Just under 8,000 steps yesterday.  






Today's plans

B:  Salmon and scrambled egg on toast; fruit
Another hassle free meal - I can't be fussing around when it's so warm.
SW:  half a healthy extra B

L:  scone, yogurt and fruit
OK, so I found a recipe for low fat blueberry scones, one of those useful ones where you can reduce the amounts down to one portion, if you want.
I'm going to give it a go, using wholewheat SR flour (so I can call it a B), Sugarly instead of sugar and 0% yogurt.  I don't syn fruit, just because it has had heat applied.  Yes, the whole thing is one great, big, humungous 'Tweak' (in SW vocabulary) and it might be absolutely horrible, but I'm going to give it a go.  If it doesn't work, I haven't lost much.
SW:  er . . . well, I'm calling it a healthy extra B, one syn for 66g 5% yogurt (instead of cream on top).

D:  steak, chips and salad; frozen fruit yogurt
A fairly bog-standard Friday evening treat meal that is also SW friendly.
I'm going to try making the fruit yogurt with some 5% this time - see how that tastes.
SW:  one and a half syns for 100g of 5% Greek yogurt

Exercise:  depends on how hot it gets but I will walk to group and back - better than nothing at all - and I might go for a swim around midday, when there are not so many in the pool.
I just have 300m to go for my 5K challenge.

Summary:
no healthy extra As (but I might have cheesy chips - yum)
one and a half healthy extra Bs (makes up for the lack of As a bit)
two and a half syns

No comments:

Post a Comment