Sunday 31 July 2022

Sunday, 31-07-22

 Morning, everyone!
I'm really tired after a lovely day out yesterday although the step count wasn't as high as it might have been because there was a lot of meandering and wandering from stall to stall rather than purposeful walking.  The latter is far less tiring, I think.

Yesterday's meals:

Breakfast
I had the yogurt before I set off and the fruit later on

The lunch selection was disappointing.  The bumph said 'a wide selection of food and drink' and it certainly wasn't.  It was a coffee stall and a stall making burgers and pizzas, both with incredibly long queues.
I queued while J and N sat down and almost three quarters of an hour later (!!!) I got to the front of the queue.  By then, J had joined me and we decided to go for a few of the snacks as neither of us could fact queueing again.  So I ended up with a black coffee, a small bag of mini-cheddars and a bakewell tart - you know the kind of thing - all pastry and white icing with a cherry on top.  Not the best thing but there was precious little choice, not even flapjacks or nutty bars.  Oh, well . . .

Dinner
I was so glad the rice was waiting for me when I cot home.  I just spray fried some tomatoes, added the rice, chicken, etc, and heated it up to piping hot and it was delicious.
The day finished off with a yogurt and my step count was around 9,000.


Today's plans:

B:  bacon, egg, tomatoes and mushrooms
A nice, tasty cooked breakfast.  Lovely
SW:  protein and free

L:  cheese and onion toastie, salad; fruit
This will use my healthy extras up nicely.
SW:  up to two healthy extra As and one healthy extra B, one and a half syns for some onion chutney

D:  chicken makhani (otherwise known as butter chicken). tomato and onion salad; yogurt
This is another Simply Cook kit and I will change the recipe a bit, using 5% Greek yogurt instead of double cream and just leaving out the dollop of butter (so maybe it should be called not-butter chicken) because I don't have any butter and I'm not buying a whole pack for one little bit!
SW:  the SW site says it is five and a half syns for the whole think and this will be two portions.  It will be less for me because of leaving out the butter and subbing yogurt but I'm going to say it is two and a half syns anyway.  Plus half a syn for a Mullerlight.

E:  I'm absolutely shattered this morning so I'm having an easy day today.

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
four and a half syns

4 comments:

  1. Pity about the lack of food choices, isn't it annoying when events like that don't live up to expectations? (or indeed the event's own publicity). 9000 steps is still good, well done. I know what you mean about the meandering being more tiring than purposeful walking. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that bit was annoying and I heard quite a lot of grumbles but the actual event was good. Hopefully, they will learn for next year. xx

      Delete
  2. Unless I know I can definitely have a meal, pre book, I take a picnic. It saves lots of hassle and I get proper food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, you are so right. Next time I will do the same. We did last time but what it said online sounded pretty good so we thought we'd save the bag space for purchases.
      You live and learn! :-)

      Delete