Saturday 16 July 2022

Saturday, 16-07-22

Good morning, everyone.
I was right - at weigh in yesterday I had a gain of half a pound.  No sulking from me this time as I know why.

I was given these from Jen to say thank you for holding the fort last week.  Very kind of her and she didn't need to but I was thrilled and they will look a picture once they have opened.




Yesterday's meals:

I cooked the salmon the evening before with another piece.  Salmon is nice either hot or cold, isn't it?
Then I had an apple.
This 'scone' was actually really nice.  It spread out rather than rising up but that was OK.  Yes, it is a tweak, considered a bit of a cheat but my justification is that it takes roughly 35 to 40g whole wheat flour to make a standard healthy extra B roll (plus other bits and pieces).  I learnt that when I made my own bread and it was OK to count it as a healthy extra B; I'm just taking it one step further.
This scone took 35g wholewheat SR flour so what is the problem with calling it a healthy extra B?  I synned the 5% yogurt, used Sugarly rather than sugar and I don't syn blueberries because they are cooked but, if I did, it would be very little.

So my conscience is clear.   :-)

I'll put the recipe as a separate post, when I remember.

It was too hot to do much for dinner so I just had bits and bobs and no photograph, sorry

Yesterday's steps:  just under 11,000

Today's plans: sticking to cooling meals at the moment.

B:  fruit salad and yogurt
I have plenty of fruit and really love it for a breakfast
SW:  one and a half syns for the yogurt

L:  feta and parma ham salad; fruit
I will make some coleslaw as well.
SW:  one, maybe two, healthy extra As, one syn for mayo in the coleslaw and one syn for some salad dressing

D:  burger, salad, maybe some pommes parmentier; yogurt
I think I have a few ready made burgers in the freezer so hang on and I will take a look.
Yes, I have a 'Thai spiced burger', estimated at six syns.  I think it must be from when I was doing Hello Fresh meals.  Six syns sounds a lot but I have the syns to use so why not.  It also says on the freezer bag 360 calories.
I might break it up and make it into little patties/meatballs or just cook it crumbled to have in a pitta rather than in a roll.  I think that would be nice and not too tricky.  I could make up a yogurt mint dressing to drizzle over it, couldn't I?
SW:  one healthy extra B for the bread, whatever kind I use, six syns (?) for the burger, any coleslaw will be left over from lunch time so already counted, one syn for 5% yogurt for the dressing and half a syn for a Mullerlight

E:  Not a lot!  I will count my steps, of course, and will probably do an online walk (or an outdoors one if it's not too hot)

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
eleven syns

4 comments:

  1. When you get you spice box from Simply Fresh, please will you let me know how long the use by/best before dates are?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It came today. It's spices and sauces so the dates are long term. I'm going to do a post on it soon. At the moment, I am impressed. xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks. I had a look at the site and like the look of the majority of the recipes.

      Delete
    3. Yes, I do too - I think this one might be a keeper. Without the fresh ingredients, you're not so time restricted.
      If you're interested, I have a code/link thingy. I think it means you get a free box and so do I - I think. No pressure to use it though, just saying. xx

      Delete