Saturday 2 July 2022

Saturday, 02-07-22

Good morning, everyone.

Yesterday's weigh in was two pounds off - just perfect, exactly what I hoped for.  I'm going to do the same this week - the calorie counting, I mean - apart from lettuce and cucumber because they are so low as to not be worth the counting.  No one ever gained from overeating lettuce and cucumber!

I wore my new fit thingy for the first time yesterday.  It's not a Fitbit, that's a brand, but it is similar.  Really, I just want to see how many steps I take in a normal day although this one doesn't measure anything less that ten, just the higher numbers of steps.  
When I was teaching, I used to do around ten thousand every school day just walking round the classroom, to the staff room and back, getting resources together, outside duties and so on.  
Results down below.

I had to buy some ricotta to make today's dinner so now I have some to use up - do you know of any reasonably healthy recipes using ricotta, please?  I've found recipes but they mostly look quite complicated with a long list of ingredients.
Yesterday's meals:

A nice, easy breakfast of scrambled eggs, etc.
(310 calories)

Later on I had a doughnut peach.
(21 calories)

I couldn't resist taking a photo of this as it came out of the oven although the light's too bad to show it properly.  It looked great.
And here is a third with a choppy salad.  I did it as a crustless quiche in the end (as in photo above) and it was really good.  Filling too.  I think these quiches are nicest with a good load of cheese in them and this portion had one healthy As-worth of cheddar in/on it.
I was full so didn't have anything else.
If I might draw your attention to the cucumber - it's the first slices of the first cucumber picked from one of my cucumber plants this year - and it tasted great!
(356 calories)

Later on, after personal training, I had an apple.
(72 calories)

And so we come to dinner - the mildly naughty pizza.  It was delicious, well worth going flexi syn for.  What you can see is half.  Did I eat the other half too - well, of course I did.  😏
And I was full so no need for any dessert.
(457 calories)

Also, I'm counting 28 calories (one and a half syns) for the Smidgin tipples - and just to reassure you, all of that was 0.4 of a unit of alcohol, so that's absolutely fine.

Today's calorie total is therefore 1,244 calories (says Nutracheck - I haven't done much of the maths myself).

Interestingly (I find it interesting any way), my cheap little step counter said (at about seven fifteen pm) I had done 10,248 steps today.  I walked to and from Slimming World and, of course, there was the personal training.  I wonder what it will say today with less planned exercise
Today's plans:

B:  quiche, tomatoes and mushrooms; watermelon
This is another third of yesterday's quiche although it looks rather a lot - I might just have half of it and keep the other half for later on or even for the freezer.
SW  one healthy extra A for cheese and the rest is speed. free or protein

L:  refried bean quesadillas, salad; fruit
I have baked beans left over from Thursday which I will rinse and use.   Waste not, want not, and the residual sauce flavour works well.
As for the salad, what I did yesterday was make one bigger salad and share it out between lunch and dinner - a great time saver, especially as most of it has to be weighed.
SW:  one healthy extra A plus three syns for another 15g cheese (if needed), one healthy extra B

D:  beef and ricotta meatballs, side salad; fruit and yogurt
This is a recipe from the SW recipe book Take Five second helpings and it looks absolutely delicious.  I can't find the exact recipe online but if it's as nice as it looks, I will give you the general idea.
It would be nice with some cheese added (apart from the ricotta, I mean) but I'm out of healthy extras for today.
SW:  the recipe says one and a half syns - but I am using 12% mince so add another two syns to that  The yogurt will be half a syn or one and a half syns, depending on which I have.

Exercise:  It was going to be the park walk again but that's been cancelled.  I might go for a walk anyway.  I'll see how I feel.

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
eight syns

7 comments:

  1. Well done on the 2lbs loss, Joy, excellent news. Oh, and on the over-10k steps. I've been very sedentary lately (obvious with not feeling well) and need to start being more active....I'll try marching on the spot whilst waiting for the kettle to boil, to start with. Have a good day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That can work a treat - well, it did for me anyway. The other thing I did was starting to go up and down stairs rather than waiting until there was an armful of stuff at the bottom before going. It's the little things that make the biggest difference, I think.
      Thanks, Sooze, I was so pleased. xx

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the loss and on the 10,000+ steps. You remind me of my friend who deliberately makes herself be inefficient to add more steps to her day. So, for example, when she clears the table after a meal will carry one thing at a time to the kitchen instead of stacking it all up to carry it all in one go. The steps soon mount up in that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem to make a difference, I am finding. I never thought of the clearing the table thing - might try that when I eat at the table - if I can be bothered. xx

      Delete
  3. Great loss! I did always wonder when I had a piece of cake for my lunch whether it would be fewer calories than let's say, a bowl of pasta and sauce! Probably. Would it fill me up? No - but I would sacrifice feeling full for that moment of joy! Trying to get more weight onto my husband as alas, he needs more major surgery and lost 2st after his last - was a slim guy, anyway. But I have maintained a month after reaching target, so long may it last. I am also going down the "inefficient route" to add steps - and it really helps the weight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's SW for you - it's not about calories entirely, it's about balance and health as well. Sometimes we just have to make that choice . . .
      Well done with maintaining in very difficult circumstances and wishing your husband well through the journey he has to make. And you too . . . xxx

      Delete
  4. Thanks, Joy - have a great week! xx

    ReplyDelete