Tuesday 5 July 2022

Tuesday, 05-07-22

Good morning, everyone.

It was a difficult day yesterday - no, not difficult as such, but a bit challenging.
Mondays are very energetic what with circuits and then a swim.  When you add the steps/everyday stuff to that, it's small wonder that I sometimes feel quite hungry and so I did today.
I ended up nibbling on some walnuts - I though that was the best thing, nuts are good for you and I had some in the cupboard.

This article from the BBC Good Food site explains what they are good for you.
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/health-benefits-walnuts

They still carry calories, of course, and rather upped my calorie total but by the time I accounted for the calories burnt through exercise, it's not nearly as damaging as it looks at first glance.
I will know from now on - Mondays need more careful planning/preparation.
(We just won't talk about their syn value, OK - even if half of what I ate would be my healthy extra B.)

Yesterday's meals:

This was lovely.  I had a pear before I went fruit picking and when I got home I had an orange, some strawberries, raspberries and cherries with some Greek yogurt.
(344 calories)

However, delicious as this was, I think it was a mistake - next week I will try to remember - more protein needed!
Lunch was the last of the quiche with a nice, big, simple salad and the last of the mustard and agave nectar dressing for one syn.
(354 calories)



Later in the afternoon, I had that snack - walnuts, an apricot and some cherries.  In total it came to a whopping 353 calories.

Dinner was the meatball/pasta leftovers with added onion, pepper and mushroom and some grated cheese and it was lovely.
(420 calories)

Then there were the exercise calories.

So total calories for the day was 1471 - not outrageous and still in calorie deficit but more than my target.
The exer cise calories plus some of the steps (the system refuses to count them all, just some) came to 760 calories.  Even taking that with a handful of salt, it's still too low.
Oh, well, still learning.


Today's plans:

B:   banana, raspberries and strawberries, egg on toast
I'm having the fruit before I go to Groove so as not to be exercising on an empty tum.  The egg on toast is for afterwards.  Hopefully, that should work.
SW:  one healthy extra B for a slice of wholemeal

L:  ham salad, fruit
Something else nice and quick as I will be hungry after a walk around Hyde Hall (assuming I go).   The ham joint is boiling as I type and it means I will have some cooked protein to nibble on, if needed.
SW:  should be syn free

D:  mango and sweet chilli griddled chicken, stir fried veg, maybe a small side salad; kvarg and berries
I'm using the M&S mango and sweet chilli dipping sauce which is really nice but which I don't seem to be able to find anywhere any more.  Such a shame because it is delicious.  So I went on Amazon and have found an equivalent so fingers crossed it is as nice.  I'll use the last of the M&S sauce in this.
SW:  two syns for two tbsp sauce, half a syn for the kvarg and the rest is speed, free and protein apart from half a syn for kvarg

Exercise:  Groove aerobics and a walk around Hyde Hall.

Summary:
no healthy extra As (ooops)
half a healthy extra B
two and a half syns

No comments:

Post a Comment