Monday 18 July 2022

Monday, 18-07-22

Good morning, everyone.
Today is the start of a few really hot days, according to all the weather warnings, so please do take care, everyone.
I'm sticking with easily prepared things.  Even dinner looks dead easy, just adding stuff in pans and opening spice/flavour pots.

Yesterday's meals:

Breakfast was just fruit so no photo.

This was the chickpea pasta bake with salad.  It was really nice and there were just enough leftovers to make one more meal.  We finished off with strawberries and melon.
I decided to have the leftovers for dinner rather then freezing them and making something else.  All it took was a bit of re-heating.

Afters was an apple, nice and crunchy and cold from the fridge.

Just under 6,500 steps which was good for a very lazy day.

Today's plans:

B:  fruit salad and yogurt
While the really hot weather continues, this seems to be the ideal breakfast.  With the yogurt, it fills and sustains and it's cool!
SW:  one and a half syns for 100g 5% Greek yogurt

L:  chick pea and couscous salad; fruit
There's some chickpeas left over from yesterday's lunch and I'm going to make a concoction.  Couscous, olives, red onion, pepper, cucumber. orange segments, walnut pieces and a dressing made with grain mustard,  agave nectar, yogurt, orange juice and zest (from the orange I segment), all mixed together on a bed of leaves, etc.
SW:  some of the bits and pieces will have to be synned and I will work that out when I actually make the salad so no idea right now.

D:  nasi goreng, tomato and cucumber salad; yogurt
The first of the Just Cook meals, I have a recipe card with lots of info on it and three pots, some chilli pickle mix, some nasi goreng paste and some ketjap manis (a kind of enriched soy sauce).  I have to provide rice, cucumber, chicken, carrot and an egg, although it says on the card 'Great for leftovers.  Feel free to chuck in any cooked meat or veg from your fridge.'  Obviously my sort of recipe!
It will make two although I will just make one portion of the pickle and keep the rest of the pickle mix in fridge or even freezer, carefully labelled.  I'll freeze the other half of the cooked part as well.
I will keep the recipe card as It looks as if you can get nasi goreng paste in supermarkets and I already have ketjap manis so, if I like it, I can make it again.
It sounds spicy but spicy is supposed to be quite cooling, isn't it?
SW:  on the SW site it says the kit is nine syns (I'm assuming that's made up although what I need to add is all speed/free if I use Sugarly and spray oil - which I will) so that's four and a half per portion.  Half a syn for a Mullerlight

E:  Goodness knows.  A swim would be ideal but I'm staying inside, in the shade, working at staying cool.  I have a little programme of strength activities to work through so I think I will stick to that for a few days.  They're the sort of thing I can do at odd intervals through the day - perfect.

Summary:
seems to be low on healthy extras - never mind
dinner is five syns and I can't imagine lunch will be more than around three.


No comments:

Post a Comment