Wednesday 13 July 2022

Wednesday, 13-07-22

 Good morning, everyone.

It's such a shame but this hot weather doesn't seem to have dulled my appetite in any way.  Perhaps that's because it's hot but not humid (yet!).  
Not to worry, it's a great time of year for salads and cold meals generally so it could be worse.

Yesterday's meals:

A patriotic looking breakfast.  I had a banana earlier, before Groove class.


I haven't had smoked salmon and cucumber sandwiches for an age and I really, really enjoyed this lunch.

I saved the apple for a late afternoon snack.

Dinner was nice.  Nothing special but really nice all the same.  I used a lot of vegetable bits and bobs to make this and I spooned some off because it was so much, so I will need to use that tomorrow.

And this was dessert.  The ice was a vanilla Mullerlight blended with frozen mixed berries and I added a squeeze of the agave chocolate and raspberry sauce for a few syns.  I know it doesn't look particularly elegant but it was delicious.



The Groove aerobics class was OK - it was fairly cool in the hall.
The pedometer said just under 9,000 so that's OK - my expectation is 5,000 steps.



Today's plans

B:  sweet omelette with fruit and yogurt
. . . because it feels right for a warm summer morning.  As I'm going fruit picking early, before breakfast, I'll probably have an apple first thing - if I remember.
SW:  one and a half syns for 100g 5% yogurt and the rest is protein, free and speed

L:  coronation chicken roll/pitta/sandwich, side salad; fruit
I've found a dead easy recipe, 'Easy Coronation Chicken', on the Good Food site so I'll use that but, because the yogurt tastes so creamy, I'll probably use half mayo, half yogurt.
I've accounted for sultanas but I'm thinking maybe grapes or apricots would be a good substitute.
SW:  one healthy extra B for whatever bread product I use, one syn for superlight mayo, half for 5% yogurt, half for a tsp mango chutney and one and a half for ten grams of sultanas

D:  chicken savoury rice, side salad; fruit and yogurt
It was going to be a fried rice but I have the vegetables left from yesterday's dinner and I have a bit of chicken so I think I will just make a rice-y concoction, probably add some prawns and maybe crisp a bit of Parma ham in the Ninge to crumble over the top.
I reckon while this hot weather lasts, dessert will be a yogurt ice.  Yes, it's a tweak but I don't care.  Tweaks are (mostly) silly.
SW:  should all be protein, free and speed apart from half a syn for the Mullerlight

Exercise:  an hour of personal training today - phew!

Summary:
no healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
five and a half syns

No comments:

Post a Comment