Thursday 7 July 2022

Thursday, 07-07-22

Good morning, everyone.

Last day of my calorie check fortnight (three cheers).

What have I learnt?
1.  That I, personally, have to be careful to actually eat enough.  Speed food is great but it doesn't pack much calories power (which is the idea, of course).
2.  It's quite hard to eat enough without healthy extras.  It's the no or low healthy extra days that were particularly low.
3.  Although I aim to eat lower carb (NOT low carb), the Nutracheck analysis doesn't put my carb intake particularly low - probably because of the high level of fruit and veg.  Interesting.
4.  And - on a different tangent - I walk more than I thought I did, which is nice.  

So, ongoing:
1.  I'll have one week in four supporting my SW planning with calorie checking and exercise logging - belt and braces!
2.  I will aim to walk at least 5000 steps per day (which is not much of a challenge, I have discovered, but maybe I will call it a baseline)
3.  And I won't be so analytical - it's all very well to be aware but one can get obsessive.  < cheesy grin >

Anything else?
Yesterday's meals:

Not terribly colourful or pretty but these marmite mushrooms were delicious and the 5% yogurt worked just as well as philly light would have done.
I also had a pear and a small flat peach
 (337 calories)


This has pretty much become my favourite lunchtime salad.  It's a bit posher than most and takes a bit longer to prepare so I don't have it all that often but mmmmmm.
I had 47g of goat's cheese left so I used it all for one and a half healthy extra As and the dressing worked out at one syn.  I didn't bother to griddle the peach and it was fine - I won't bother for the future either.
I had strawberries and raspberries for afters.
(372 calories)


I had some plums throughout the afternoon which came to 156 calories
Corned beef hash for dinner and I found a bit of chopped tomatoes in the fridge so added that to the mix which is why it went all mushy.  I finished off with a toffee Mullerlight.
(460 calories)


Yesterday's steps totalled just over 9,000.

Yesterday's calories were 1,325 which was pretty much spot on.


Today's plans:

B:  corned beef, egg, tomatoes and mushrooms
As I have corned beef left over plus plenty of mushrooms and tomatoes, this seems to be a good way to use it all up
SW:  two and a half syns for the corned beef and the rest is protein, free and speed

L:  ham and cheese toastie, salad; fruit
A good way to get through some healthy extras and to carry on using up some ham.
SW:  one plus healthy extra A, one healthy extra B, one syn for some green tomato chutney and the rest should be free.

D:  steak and mushrooms, roasted veg; yogurt and fruit (probably strawberries and raspberries)
I'll just fry the mushrooms in some spray oil and have them on top or the steak.  Nice and simple. 
The roast veg do in twenty minutes in the Ninja.
SW:  half a syn for a Mullerlight

Exercise:  probably a swim today - must get on with my sponsored lengths!

Summary:
one plus healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
four syns

No comments:

Post a Comment