Sunday 10 July 2022

Sunday, 10-07-22

Good morning, everyone.
Yesterday was good.  Back to normal and no frustrating weighing apart from the healthy extras and synned stuff.  A morning walk cleared the over-eating fogs away and it was great to feel normal again.
(I still enjoyed the take away though).

I'm looking forward to a week back on basics, no targets, focus areas or challenges apart from the 5000 steps a day - just plain, simple food 'optimising' with delicious meals that make me feel good in body and in mind.  Nice.
Yesterday's meals:


Breakfast was these two Hi Fi bars, enjoyed in the coffee shop in Central Park with a really nice Americano.

Lunch - a lovely, simple, plain salad with some chicken and ham.  Just perfect for a getting-back-on-track lunch.


Later on, I had an apple and a nectarine.




I know it's not terribly colourful but this carbonara was absolutely delicious and the sauce made and thickened beautifully.  It was so, so easy - just a smallish egg, beaten, and 35g grated not-Parmesan (hard Italian cheese, in other words) with a bit of black pepper, stirred into the cooked spaghetti with a splash or so of the starchy water and then gently reheated, stirring all the time, until the sauce thickens but doesn't scramble..


Then I took a photo of dessert to make up for no photos yesterday - no, not really, just because it looked so yummy.  A meringue nest would have been delicious but I didn't have one.

So that was today's food, all delicious and totally back on track again.

Step total was just around 13,500 which I'm happy with.








Today's plans

B:  egg on toast with mushrooms and tomatoes
. . . and I will have an apple before I go swimming first thing.
SW:  half a healthy extra B for the bread

L:  cheesy ham open toastie, finger salad; fruit
One slice of bread, spray toasted, spread over some chutney, then add a layer of thin sliced ham and top it with grated cheese before popping it back under the grill to melt the cheese.  I suppose one could call it a sort of bread pizza thingy.
SW:  one healthy extra A, half a healthy extra B, one syn for the chutney

D:  'roast' chicken wrapped in parma ham, roasties, broccoli, courgette; banana split (sort of)
I have a piece of cooked chicken I bought last week that is not on its use by date so I must use it,  Ditto for some parma ham so I'll reheat the chicken in the good old Ninja, wrap the ham round it and pop it back in for two minutes.  I'll do the roasties in the other side and, perhaps, the courgettes too.
For the dessert, I had this sort of idea.
Make a semi freddo thingy with frozen fruit and a Mullerlight - you just blend up the frozen fruit and the chilled yogurt and it goes sort of frozen mushy.
Then split a banana in half and lay it on a dish/plate in the split shape.  In the middle spoon the frozen yogurt and, either side of that, pile some 5% yogurt.  Top with fruit (which will be strawberries and blueberries) and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
One should syn blended fruit but - guess what . . .!  
SW:  one syn for a bit of cranberry sauce, half a syn for a Mullerlight and one and a half for 100g of 5% yogurt.  The oil will be spray oil.  I might use some Groovy Food chocolate sauce for one and a half syns per 10 mls, I will measure it as I drizzle it over.

Exercise:  An early morning swim and an online workout of some kind, if I feel like it - if it's not too hot.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
up to five and a half syns



2 comments:

  1. You really do know how to make food look delicious. Joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cherie. It doesn't take long and does add to my enjoyment of the food, for sure. :-)
      xx

      Delete