Tuesday 31 May 2022

Tuesday, 31-05-22 (trigger alert)

 Good morning.  Just to say if you are triggered by the food descriptions below, please look away now.  I know that it can be a big issue for some and don't want to cause any problems for anyone.  xx

This week, the format is a bit different in that I will be posting retrospectively, with no forward planning.  I might get them out in the evening but more likely the next morning, like this one.

Well, I had fine plans, didn't I?  A shame I fell at the first hurdle!  No, not really a shame, I consciously decided . . .


Anyway, breakfast.  Just as planned and the Southwold bacon was lovely.   A pity it's not quite worth the journey there and back to stock up (four hours is just too much!) from time to time.  I dearly love nice bacon.
Lunch was the Chinese chicken curry and chips and it was great.  I will be doing this again as it felt like a fakeaway and would be great for a Friday or Saturday evening.  The Mayflower sauce is four and a half syns so not too bad at all.
I took no photos of dinner - this is representative of my fall from grace - but it was nice.

As planned, I didn't have a starter but I did have the bread roll with <gasp > butter.  Not a lot, I hasten to add, just one little pat.
There was loads of choice for the main course but I went for the buffet bit and had a mix of the carvery and the other which was Chinese in style - just little bits of this and that.  I had some Chinesey type pork (lovely and tender and lean) with a couple of mini pancake rolls, some turkey, a couple of tiny roasties, a Yorkshire (not as nice as they looked so that's off the list tonight) and a good supply of veg.  It looked so lovely and colourful, I wish I had taken a photo.
I managed to avoid the creamy desserts but I did go for some sorbet which can be dreadfully synful.  
And then there was the wine.
Oh well, it's holiday.  I must be a bit careful though - I'm finding some of my clothes are looking a bit small.


One of the ladies in the group I'm with is also a SW member and we bonded over out second glass of vino!  Ooops!

Today I'm going to a Wake Up, Work Out and Stretch session after breakfast and the lovely pool is open from 7:15 to 17:30 each day plus the grounds are extensive and walkable!  I'll certainly get my exercise in, that's for sure.
And the good thing is that, while one can buy snacks at reception, there is no proper shop yet, so I will be only eating at meal times so that will minimise any damage.

Back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment