Monday 16 May 2022

Monday, 16-05022

 Good morning!

I think today will be the first SP day this week.  That means that you have the usual healthy extras, food designated as 'protein' or 'speed' on SW and up to ten syns but not any of the 'free' food (although sugar free drinks, sweeteners, spices and seasonings, etc, are still 'allowed').  Basically, it lowers the carbs.

The chicken was 'interesting' (not the right word really).  It said two to three portions but this one fed a hungry young man and me one meal each, the leftovers made enough chicken curry for two meals and the 'scraps' are enough for two lunches.  I've boiled up the carcass and there's some good chicken stock just straining to be cooled, portioned and frozen.  Excellent.
Yesterday's meals

Instead of making lots of little pancakes for breakfast, I did two larger ones, wrapped them around yogurt, strawberries and raspberries and added some more yogurt and some blueberries.  Absolutely delicious and very filling.
Sunday lunch.  I had Jersey royals rather than roasties and it was all very nice and enjoyed by all of us.
I didn't have any fruit straight afterwards, I had an apple and an orange later on instead.

The leftover chicken curry was delicious and made enough for a smaller portion another day so that's Wednesday's lunch sorted out.
Strawberries and yogurt finished off the day.


Focus points:
diary - tick
one syn free day down
high speed and very low syn

Today's SP plans

B:  sweet omelette, fruit and yogurt
Two eggs, sweetener, assorted fruit and 0% Greek yogurt.  Delicious.
SW:  protein and speed

L:  pitta or wrap pizza, salad; fruit
I kept back a little bit of passata from yesterday which I will use for the sauce and the topping will be shreds of leftover chicken, onion, pepper and mushroom.
SW:  one to two healthy extra As for cheese and one B for the pitta or wrap

D:  zingy chicken tray bake; Mullerlight
This is an SP recipe on the Slimming World site and here's the link in case you can access it.
https://member.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/zingy-chicken-tray-bake
I have pretty much all the ingredients with just a bit of subbing, such as using a couple of chicken drumsticks instead of thighs.  
I don't think it needs anything else as it's packed with speed veg.  I might add mushrooms as I have plenty to use up.
SW:  just half a syn for the Mullerlight

Exercise:  circuits today

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
half a syn


From the freezer:
chicken drumsticks
wrap or pitta
grated mozzarella

2 comments:

  1. Your meals are so inspiring and as I am alone in the house for the time being I MUST make more effort. Will keep myself busy today as daughter doing the hospital visit - I need more petrol (being an hour away I am going through fuel (not to mention the parking!!) like anything. My lovely Dad gave us some money towards fuel which is a massive help - I eat breakfast before I visit, take a couple of HiFi bars in case I get hungry and have a late, salady (is that a word?!) lunch when I get home. Weigh in this evening - will I reach target? Hmmm - probably not this time. Have a good day. Julia. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julia, that's kind.
      It's a stressful time for you and, honestly, I think you are doing so, so well. Be kind to yourself.
      And fingers crossed for this evening . . .
      xx

      Delete