Friday 27 May 2022

Friday, 27-05-22

  Good morning!

Today is going to be more than a bit topsy turvy as it is packing and going home day but I also have a visit to a windmill to fit in.

I'm going to have a breakfast as late as I possibly can and then eat in the evening when I am home so it's a two meal day today.  I'm looking forward to getting back on track for a few days.



Yesterday's meals
I didn't photo breakfast (just fruit) and dinner was the fish and chips so this is the only photo.
The soup was lovely and so simple and this is how I made it.

I chopped up half a small onion, half a medium carrot and half a yellow pepper and softened them in spray oil lid on, low heat for about twenty minutes.  Then I added half a can of chopped tomatoes, the same volume of water, one largish chopped tomato that was going squishy, about 1/8 tsp garlic granules, same of cajun spice and a heaped tsp chicken stock powder, brought it all to a simmer and let it bubble away.
I blended it with my stick blender and then pushed it through a sieve to get rid of any woody and skin bits.
Finally, I added some bits of chopped ham.  It didn't need any salt.
Super easy and super tasty.  Normally I make it with jarred roasted red peppers but this was just as delicious.  Different but delicious!



Today's plans

B:   nothing

L:  bacon and mushroom omelette
I have two eggs left and will use them rather than bothering to take them home.
SW:  one healthy extra A (grated cheese), protein and free

D:   steak, chips and salad; yogurt
All of which I can make without having to go to the shops.
SW:  half a syn for yogurt

Exercise:  more walking

Summary:
one to two healthy extra As (cheese on the omelette)
no Bs
half a syn


From the freezer
steak

2 comments:

  1. Hello Joy, I am new here. Just surfed in and enjoyed your blog very much. I have started my journey to weight loss and eating healthier. It is great to see your meal plan and am grateful for the ideas I have found. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Denise. A warm welcome to you and I'm really glad you are finding my meanderings useful. What plan do you hope to use to support your weight loss?
      xx

      Delete