Saturday 14 May 2022

Saturday, 14-05-22

Good morning!
Well, knock me down with a diet cola, I had one and a half pounds off at group yesterday.  Who'd have thought it, eh?
It was a good meeting with some one off visitors from other groups (you can go to any SW group if necessary) and a good number of new members too.  

After considerable pondering, my focus areas this week are . . .
keep the detailed diary for Jen
two syn free days
two SP days

Although writing absolutely everything down is a bit of a pain, there's no doubt it really has helped to focus me so I'll do it just for one more week

The syn free days will be a challenge more than a focus.  I tend to use syns to enhance my meals rather than to have 'naughty treats' and I'm not sure how helpful aiming for no syns would be but let's give it a go and evaluate its usefulness at the end of next week.

I'll also aim for high speed and low syns but that's not something that needs particular focus, I've found it quite easy really.
Yesterday's meals
I only took one photo yesterday and it wasn't of a meal, it was this.


In group, we were talking about barbecues and Jen described what I would call a not-Pimms!
I couldn't quite believe it so popped into Morrisons which is right next to where the group meets and got myself some diet lemonade and gave it a go.

All it is - and I know it sounds horrendous - is one tbsp balsamic vinegar (it must be balsamic) to one litre of diet lemonade plus plenty of ice, fruit, cucumber and a sprig of mine and leave it for about fifteen minutes to sort of mingle.

And it was lovely!!  Syn free and delicious.  Whoever would have thought it, eh?
I gather this has been a 'thing' for a while but it's the first time I've made it.  Not the last though.

As for my meals, it all went according to plan except that I didn't have the yogurt with my breakfast fruit.  The Chinese take away was delicious and, thankfully, Dave and Anna took what was left home afterwards so there's nothing to finish off, nothing to stop me getting straight back to it again. 

I will remember to take photos of meals today.

Today's plans:
After a skinful last night (I blame Dave and Anna for bringing so much!) I'm planning a day that is more carb heavy than usual to stave off the munchies.  Remember I said before that my meal plans had to 'excite' me?  Well, right at the moment, plenty of carbs is just what's needed.  
I'll be back on the lower carb wagon tomorrow and I won't overload the plates today, I promise.

B:  scrambled egg and bacon on toast
I really fancy some scrambled eggs.  I may or may not have the bacon, I'll decide when I make it.
SW:  half to one healthy extra B, depending on whether I have one or two slices of toast.

L:  Cajun chicken pasta bake, side salad; fruit
I made this last Friday and there were some portions left over so I froze them.  This was one of them.  As there was a bit of cheese left on (most of it got scraped off!) I called it three syns, one for other ingredients and two for cheese.  However, I'm going to add 20g mixed cheddar and mozzarella when reheating and call it an A choice plus one syn.
SW:  one healthy extra A and half a syn for some spray dressing

D:  stroganoff, rice, broccoli; yogurt
I've made this pinch of Nom recipe before but not recently and I seem to remember it is really rather good and very low syn.  I'm going to indulge in some white rice to go with it as well.
I've been through the recipe and the only thing that carries any syns is some Philly lightest - the Dijon mustard is too small to be accountable.
SW:  two syns for 50g Philly lightest and half a syn for the yogurt

Exercise:  a walk

Summary:
one healthy extra A
half to one healthy extra B
three syns

From the freezer:
bread
chicken pasta bake
steak
beef stock (I believe I have some; if not, I'll use a stock cube)

2 comments:

  1. Well done, you! You must have been thrilled with that! I am going to make myself one of those drinks today! Am a massive Pimms fan but as long as OH is in hospital I cannot drink in case I need to be there fast, and this evening I am at friends to watch Eurovision (loath it but want the company) so if I like it I shall make up a batch and take it with me. Thanks for spilling the beans on that one! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it Eurovision? The run up seems to have bypassed me! Not my thing either but the evening should be fun for you and you're very wise to stay off the alcohol for now, I think.

      And thank you - yes, I was really surprised and it felt very good. xx

      Delete